Chapter 33

Natasha

I wasn't finished with Aria, not by a long shot, but I would need to leave her for the time being because right now, I had to assemble the team. Speaking loudly over intercom, I sent out a message to everyone.

“This is Agent Romanoff. If you guys would care to join me in suiting up. We need to find Loki and drive a knife through that bastard’s heart. It's been a while since anyone has said this but here we go; Avengers Assemble.” With that said, there was uproar over the intercom. It was mainly Fury doing the roaring.

“Go Nat!” Tony yelled enthusiastically. I could imagine that he was fist pumping the air on the other end of the intercom and that thought made me chuckle lightly.

“I'm in ma'am.”

“Count me and the other guy in. He'd be more than happy to smash that puny God one more time.”

“My brother must be stopped. You have my alliance, Natasha Romanoff.”

“You don't get to call these things! Nobody is going anywhere.” Fury said sternly, with a hint of hysteria in his voice.

“Aww, get off your high horse Nicky. You know you can't stop her so why try?” Tony pitched in.

“For once, I agree with Tony. Director, this is the get up and go that the team needs. This has to happen.” Steve added. Fury's sigh rang out over the intercom but he didn't add anything else. “Suit up, and meet out on the hanger.” Steve said talking order. Everyone set off to get suited and within ten minutes we were all gathered in the hanger, all except Clint, of course.

We stood around in a circle as we started to conjure up a plan to take down the mighty God of Mischief, but in the circle there was a gap, not a noticeably big gap, but a gap nonetheless symbolising the absence of a team member. My eyes flickered over to the gap and stared sadly at the spot, wishing that Clint was in a state to be with us and to take part in bringing this villain to his knees. Tony placed his iron plated hand lightly on my shoulder.

“So, what's the plan?” Bruce asked shifting nervously as usual.

“Track him, find him, kill him.” Tony said with a grin. His words looked like they hit Thor right in the heart and he shifted on his feet. Steve glared at Tony who obviously had forgotten about Thor's brotherly bond with Loki. I would have to say that Thor was probably the strongest amongst us. In terms of muscles yes, he definitely was but his mind was a lot stronger than anyone could even begin to comprehend. Although Loki was the bad guy, the villain, he was still Thor's brother and even though Loki didn't match the affection that Thor showed him, Thor still loved him, no matter what he done. Today, Thor would have to face whatever happens to his brother out there.

“Thor, do you have any leads on where Loki could be?” Steve hit the ground running.

“Sadly, I do not know of Loki's whereabouts but I would assume once back on solid ground Loki will track and pursue Natasha, as she is the one that he wants.” Thor said, with the great Mjolnir gripped in his hand, his grasp tightening dramatically at the thought of his brother and his wicked ways.

“Fantastic,” I added. If Loki was following me, which gave me more chance to lodge a knife up under his ribs. Captain Rogers glanced at me with a raised eyebrow so I smiled sweetly knowing that I would make him uncomfortable if I had to share my thoughts with him.

“We need to get Natasha on the ground, but if we are all with you, Loki isn't going to show up so you're going to be temporarily on your own. Is that okay?”

“That's fine, Cap.”

“Great, we'll leave you somewhere that we can easily shut off to keep out civilians and prevent unnecessary casualties. Any ideas?” He asked around the group but all of their expressions were coming up blank but I had an idea.

“Yeah, there is this park down in Manhattan. It's in a reasonably quiet area, I could direct you there.”

“Perfect. So, here's the plan. Natasha, go to this park. Do whatever you please, because no matter what act you put on Loki is going to know exactly why you are there. I can almost guarantee that he is counting on you showing. We'll be a few blocks away, out of plain sight. We'll be over as soon as you need us.”

“Sounds great.” I said and Tony stuck his thumbs up. Steve motioned for us to get into the helicopter and everyone started moving towards it but Tony pulled me back. I looked up to him as he pulled his mask up to look back at me with concerned eyes.

“Be careful, Natasha. I know what you are thinking and if you think you're going up against Loki alone, you're wrong. You're strong, Nat, but he's stronger. Not only that he has the magic. I know you want to get back at him for what happened to Clint, but getting yourself hurt isn't going to help matters.”

“I know what I'm doing,” I told him rolling my eyes. He sighed as he pulled his mask back over his face and pushed me into the chopper. I took my position in the leather seat in the cockpit next to Steve. I strapped the buckles and straps across my chest. We set off and I told Steve what direction her should head in then sunk back into my chair and I rubbed my hands over my face. This was going to one hell of a fight and I knew it would end with someone getting seriously hurt; Loki.