Chapter 29

Natasha

“Thor! Let me go!” I screamed fighting with everything that I had to get out of his godly grip. “Let me go!” I repeated, but Thor wouldn't loosen his grip and it was beginning to get a little difficult to breath. I had witnessed everything from my seat at the table in the boardroom and as soon as Agent Black came into the room, Fury had ordered Thor to take hold of me just as I had leapt to my feet. I knew I wouldn't be able to work my way out of his grasp, but God, I was going to try.

“I am sorry, my lady, but I cannot. If you go, you will be walking straight into my brother’s hands. It is what he is expecting.” Thor stated. I knew he was right, but Clint was down there and he was dying and here I was trapped in a bear hug in the arms of the God of Thunder, doing nothing to help him.

“Fury, he needs us!” I cried but Fury didn't seem to be listening to my cries.

“Banner, Steve, go and get Clint. Get him to the Medical wing. He needs immediate medical attention. If you see Agent Black, fire at will. Don't let her get off this ship. Loki on the other hand will tear this place apart if we try to hold him here, let him go. He will come back; I have no doubt about that. Thor don't let her go. Natasha, sit still.” Fury barked the orders left, right and centre. Everyone set off except me and Thor. He sat down in a chair at the table with me still wrapped in his tightly in his ridiculously large muscular arms, sitting me on his lap. I gave up trying to fight against him, for now, and instead fixed my eyes on the screen that showed Clint lying on the floor somewhere down on the detention level, passed out, and surrounded by a pool of his blood. He had to be losing blood, and losing it fast. From what I could see, he could have easily lost half of the blood in his body. It was only a minute later when Captain Rogers and Doctor Banner burst through the door and Steve collected Clint's limp and lifeless body and rushed him from the room. It pained me to watch but I couldn't pull my eyes away from the screen, not until Clint was out of sight and at that moment I leant back against Thor's heaving chest and cried silently. There were a handful of bullets shot somewhere on the floor beneath and a high pitched scream followed. They must have found Agent Black. Sloppy, as always.

“Natasha Romanoff, his body will heal, I have great faith in the good doctor.” Thor offered. Then I remembered about Tony. He was down in the medical wing too. And oh God, Pepper! They had no idea what was going on. I needed to get her out of there. I needed to warn them. I started to thrash about again, this time with even more drive. I had to break out of Thor's supernatural grasps.

“Thor, move your hand.” Thor moved his hand around at the orders of Fury from behind me. I didn't catch a glimpse of Fury until he stepped forward and stabbed something into my neck. My head went light, and it felt like a cloud. My eyelids turned to stone and dropped down quickly and before my body gave in to the darkness, I managed to choke out one last sentence, my words sloppy and slurring.

“You're a bastard, Fury.”

“Just doing my job,” he retorted.