2 Weeks

*Kathleen's POV*

Daijon went to the airport today to pick up his mom and his little brother. I was pretty nervous to meet them even though Daijon said it would be okay. I didn't know what she would think of me. What if she thinks I'm not good enough for Daijon? What if she thinks I'm too young to be taking care of our daughter? So many thoughts were going through my mind. I was really scared of what was going to happen. I know Daijon and I aren't technically together but I'm still scared for the fact that I might not be good enough for him. I did like him a lot, in a romantic way. I always have. Since like 7th grade. I always just put the feelings aside and now here we are and there's not really a way to subside those feelings.

I was cut off my thoughts by the door opening. It was Daijon, his mom, and his little brother. I stood up and waved at them. "This is my mom and my brothers, guys this is Kathleen," Daijon introduced us. His mom pulled me into a hug and I smiled, hugging back. "Let me feel that little baby," she smiled, putting her hand on my stomach. I laughed a little and let her. She started to talk to my belly as she rubbed her hands against it, trying to get her to kick. "Have we decided on a name for this little pumpkin yet?" his mom looked between us, standing back up again.
"We are going to decide when we see her," I told her.
"Good idea," she smiled, "I had Daijon's name picked out since I was young. I knew I wanted his name to be Daijon Cottie."
"Really?" I smiled.
"Yes," she nodded.

We spent the evening talking and getting to know each other. His mom was really easy going. She wasn't anything I was expecting. It was really awesome. I didn't even have to think about the fact that I was going to go into labor any day now. Not like I need anything more to stress about now...

That night his mom and his brother went to the nursery to get some sleep. Daijon and I laid I our bed and he turned on a movie on Netflix. Which right now is all we have. We just have internet, no cable yet. I didn't really care, all we watch is Netflix anyways. I started to fall asleep when I felt my stomach start to tighten up. I groaned in pain and held my stomach. "You okay?" he looked down at me. I nodded and cuddled into him, the pain going away. Weird. Maybe just gas or something? Then it happened. My water broke. "Go get your mom!" I frantically told him. He got up and got his mom in here. She confirmed it was my water breaking and she took us to the hospital. On the way there I called my mom. I refused to have this baby without her here. She was only a half hour away.

Once my mom got there I felt so much better. The doctors came and checked on me every couple minutes. I was about 4 centimeters dilated. The doctor came in again to do a quick check up, as usual. "Your blood pressure is really high," he told me.
"Is that bad?" I sighed.
"Very," he nodded. He took my temperature. "103," he said. He called some nurses in and they started to get stuff ready. "Whats going on??" I asked.
"We are going to induce you," he told me, "We need to put you under."
"What does that mean??" I looked at my mom.
"They are going to put you to sleep and get the baby out," she told me, "It's okay."
"Is the baby okay??" I asked.
"Yes," the doctor told me, "We need to do this now. Are you ready?"
"Yes," I nodded. I wasn't ready. I was so scared. They put a shot in my arm and before I could even think anymore about it, the room was black...