In Love

*Kathleen's POV*

"I heard you and Daijon fighting earlier," Brayson looked at me. Daijon was at the studio and Amani and Kat were watching a movie, getting ready for bed. "Yeah," I nodded, "I'm sorry you had to hear it kid."
"It's okay," he shook his head, "I can always just go to my friends if it's too much for me to be here."
"Bray," I sighed, looking at him, "Stop. It's okay. You're fine being here. We are just trying to work it out. It's just a big change right now. We just have to get used to feeding 5 not two and a half." I laughed a little. He smiled at me and nodded. I put my arm around him and pulled him closer to me. "Don't worry about it bud. You're always welcome here," I told him, "You're family." He nodded back in response.

Amani and Kat eventually fell asleep and Brayson went upstairs to get ready for bed. I got my laptop out and started looking at houses in the area. I wanted to see what I could find for cheap. I have a feeling that we are going to have Brayson and Kat for awhile. I looked for about a half hour before my phone rang. I didn't know the number but something in my gut told me to answer it. I answered the phone and it was my mom. "Kathleen??" she slurred.
"Yeah mom? Whats going on?" I asked.
"Hunny dad kicked me out can I come stay at your place??" she was obviously wasted.
"Mom no," I sighed, "You're drunk. You know none of us like it when you're drunk. I don't want you around Amani drunk."
"After all I've done for you this is how you're going to treat me!? What a disgrace!" she scoffed. I shook my head and sighed. I tried not to let it get to me. I knew she was just drunk and this is how she gets. "Fine!" she slurred, "I'll just fucking find a motel or sleep on the park bench I see how it is!!" then the phone clicked and hung up. I sighed and set my phone down. She's just drunk... I kept telling myself that but the words hurt like knives. She used to be like this when I was younger. When Brayson was a baby. I remember Jaxton would took us to his room and he'd turn on a movie for us and turn it up really loud so we couldn't hear the yelling downstairs. He was always the best big brother I could ask for...

Daijon got home a bit later and everyone was asleep. I smiled at him as he came in. He smiled back and took his shoes off. He came and plopped down on the couch next to me. "How was it?" I asked.
"Good," he nodded, "Going to drop a few new songs and hopefully they will do good."
"They will," I nodded, "I know it."
"Thanks baby," he smiled at me. He put his arm around me and yawned a bit. He looked down at me and furrowed his brows. "You alright?" he asked. I shrugged and cuddled up into him closer. "My mom called," I told him, "Drunk. She was wasted and calling from a number I didn't know. She said my dad kicked her out. She asked to stay here but is said no and she just made me feel bad about it."
"I'm sorry baby," he sighed. I shook my head and cuddled into him. He kissed my forehead and smiled at me. His smile always just made me feel so good. His smile just made my heart warm. Is this what it's like to be in love?