Fake Love

*Kathleen's POV*

I got home from our walk and set the bag of take out on the island. I got Amani out of her stroller and yelled out for Daijon. "One second!" he yelled back. I shrugged it off and put Amani in her highchair and got her baby food ready. We have been starting her on it now. She just eats it for dinner and some for breakfast. I heard a lot of rustling in the bedroom but I figured he was just cleaning up or changing or something. "You okay?!" I called to him.
"Yeah!" he called back. He came into the kitchen and smiled at me. He took my hips and turned me the other way. "What are you doing?" I laughed, "I need to feed Amani."
"I know but I wanna kiss," he chuckled. I laughed a little and gave him a quick kiss on the lips. "Now lemme feed our baby before she gets cranky," I went to turn around again but he stopped me. "Daijon?" I looked at him confused.
"What?" he chuckled.
"What are you doing??" I asked. I heard Amani start to fuss. I moved his hands off and turned around. I saw Jackie. Putting her shoes on.. "What the hell?!" I looked between them.
"Let me explain!" he started.
"No need," I shook my head, sighing. I handed him the thing of baby food and walked away. I went to the bathroom and shut the door, locking it. I let a tear fall and sighed. He is such bullshit. He aint really love me. It was just a show so I would calm down. Be okay with it... I cant believe he would do this...

I sat in the bathroom talking to my mom for about 45 minutes before we hung up. Then there was a knock on the door. "Amani misses her mama," I heard Daijon say, his voice was soft. He knew he fucked up. I sat there. I didn't say anything back. "Kathleen," he sighed, "Let me explain please."
"What is there to explain!? You told me what I wanted to hear so I would calm down!" I sighed.
"No," he told me, "Come out and lets talk." I thought about it for a second and sighed. I unlocked the door and walked out. "Talk," I crossed my arms, looking at him. We went into the living room and Daijon put Amani on the floor to play. We sat down on the couch and I looked at him to explain. "We are fake dating," he told me.
"You and I?!" I looked at him like he was crazy.
"No!" he shook his head, "Me and Jackie. We are dating for publicity. Set up by our managers so that we each get more following, more media."
"Why would you do that?" I looked at him confused, "That's the dumbest thing ever."
"It isn't," he shook his head, "People do it all the time. I swear. It's something to get you more out there."
"Well I don't want her around my kid," I sighed.
"She wont be, I promise," he told me, "I wont have her over unless you are here. I swear."
"Okay," I nodded, "So where does that leave us?"
"Lowkey," he shrugged.
"You know I don't like lowkey bullshit," I sighed.
"I know," he nodded, "But I aint wanna lose you to anyone."
"Then figure your shit out with your 'fake girlfriend' and then we can talk again," I shrugged.
"So where does it leave us??" he sighed.
"Co parenting," I shrugged.