Weekend

*Kathleen's POV*

"How you feeling?" my mom asked me as she was feeding Amani her lunch.
"Better," I nodded, "It's getting easier to walk and do things again."
"That's good," she nodded, "Amani seems to be getting better too."
"Yeah I've been treating her more than I have myself to be honest," I laughed a little bit.
"That's what mothers do," my mom laughed with me, "How are you and Daijon doing? Any better?"
"Yeah it seems like it," I nodded, "We have been doing better."
"Good I'm glad to hear that. Amani and you both deserve to be happy and Amani deserves to have her mom and dad get along," she told me.
"Yeah I know," I nodded, smiling. Daijon wasn't home right now. He is at the studio recording a few new songs for an EP. My mom drove here to help me with Amani because my arm is still fucked up along with my ankle. It is getting better but it's still hard to take care of Amani on my own, I just want to be safe. "How is everything at home?" I asked.
"Okay," she nodded, "Not the best. Dad lost his job, Jaxton hasn't been around as much, I think he's getting into something bad."
"Oh wow," I sighed, "I'm so sorry mom."
"It's alright. It's going to get better," she smiled at me.

My mom left as Daijon came home. He sat down on the couch and Amani was asleep still from her nap. "You alright?" he asked me.
"My mom told me that my dad lost his job," I sighed, "And Jax isn't doing good."
"Really?" he sighed, putting his arm around me, "What's wrong with Jax?"
"She said he doesn't come home anymore and she thinks he's getting into trouble," I sighed a little.
"Really?" he sighed, "Like what kind of trouble?"
"I don't know," I sighed, "The way she explained it probably a gang or something or drugs I don't know."
"That's scary," he sighed.
"I know," I nodded.

Amani woke up an hour or so later and she was cuddling with Daijon on the couch. He was watching something on TV and on his phone as well. I was in the kitchen starting us dinner. "Babe?" Daij called from the living room.
"Yeah?!" I called back.
"Is it cool if Will and Phaquan come over for the weekend?" he asked.
"Yeah," I nodded, "As long as y'all don't keep Amani up I'm cool with it."
"You're the best," he smiled at me.
"I know," I laughed. Not long later Will and Phaquan came over. Amani was playing on the floor with some of her toys. I was making dinner, now for two extra people. "Hey Kathleen!" Will smiled at me.
"Hey," I smiled at him, waving.
"Look who we brought," Will smiled and Amelia stepped inside. "Amelia!" I smiled, hugging her right away. She hugged back tight. "I missed you so much!" she told me.
"I missed you too!" I smiled. I haven't seen her since like the first month that I had Amani. We always texted and FaceTimed but it's been awhile since we hung out in person. We pulled away from our hug and the boys went to the living room. Amelia went and played with Amani while I finished dinner. Amelia and I caught up as well as I cooked.

We were all in the living room, Amelia and I on the floor with Amani. The boy were on the couch playing 2K. "Can I tell you something," she told me.
"Of course," I nodded.
"Well I uh. I saw Jax with a few people that were no good," she sighed, "I saw him with the west side."
"Really?" I sighed.
"Yeah he was smoking weed with them outside and I heard them talking about a robbery," she told me.
"Great," I sighed, shaking my head.
"Also," she started, "I think I'm pregnant," she whispered to me.
"Amelia!" I gasped, whisper-yelling at her.
"I know," she sighed, "I don't know what to do."
"Who's the dad??" I asked, staying quiet because she was.
"Nicholas," she told me.
"Wow," I looked at her, "I mean having Amani was the best thing that's ever happened to me. I wouldn't change it for the world but I know you and I are very different. I support you in whatever you decide to do."
"Thank you," she put her head on my shoulder letting out a sigh, "I don't know yet. I'm not even 100% sure I'm pregnant."
"You know I'm always here for you," I told her.