Home Sweet Home

*Kathleen's POV*

"Are you okay?" I heard my mom ask.
"Baby I'm so sorry," Daijon told me.
"Are you feeling okay?? I'll get the doctor!" my mom stood up and jogged to the hallway. I rubbed my eyes gently and looked at Daijon. I cupped his face in my hands and sighed. I pulled away and looked at my lap where my beautiful baby girl laid her head. I ran my fingers through her hair gentle as tears fell. "Baby say something," Daijon whispered.
"I love you guys," I looked up at him.
"We love you," he nodded.
"I had the worse nightmare ever. I was gone, dead, Amani was like 7 maybe. You overdosed because you couldn't take it anymore. She was left alone," I sighed, looking at her.
"I'm sorry baby," he looked at me, "that isn't going to happen. I'll stick it out for our baby if anything happens cause I know you'll do the same." I nodded and the doctor and a nurse came in. My mom sat next to the bed and held my hand again. I smiled at her and the doctor started to ask me questions. "Okay everything looks good" he told me, "Your right foot is fractured and will need to be in a boot for a few weeks. I'd take it easy you have a lot of bruises on your rib area," the doctor told me.
"Okay, what about Amani??" I kept my hand on her back as I looked at the doctor.
"She's okay baby," Daijon told me, "Few cuts and bruises but she's fine."
"Okay," I nodded.
"We will get you out of here in about an hour. We have to go through some paper work and then you're free to go," the doctor told me.
"Okay," I nodded.

Amani woke up not long ago and she just clung to me. She knew something was wrong. I felt so terrible. The accident was my fault. I could've killed her. "Do you remember what happened?" my mom asked me.
"what do you mean?" I looked at her, rubbing Amani's back.
"The accident, how it happened," she explained.
"yeah," I sighed, "I was driving, crying. I shouldn't have been. I could barely see the road. Then I just remember getting hit. I could've killed Amani. It's all my fault."
"No it's not baby," Daijon jumped in.
"What?" my mom and I both looked at him.
"The nurse told me what happened," he told me, "A drunk driver was driving on the wrong side of the road going 85 in a 60 and hit you guys head on, no head lights."
"It wasn't my fault?" I looked at him. He shook his head and put his hand on my thigh. "Not at all baby," he told me.

The doctor came back into the room and my mom signed the release papers. They helped me out of the bed after taking out my IV and everything. They gave me a prescription for some pain killers as well. My mom held all the paperwork as we went down to Daijon's car. "What about my car?" I asked.
"Totaled, but I guess cause it wasn't your fault your insurance will pay to fix it," Daijon told me. He took Amani to put her in her car seat and she just started crying. She was reaching for me and screaming "momma" "I'm right here baby it's okay," I nodded and smiled at her. Daijon got her in her car seat and helped me into the back. I held Amani's hand as she started to calm down. "I'll meet you guys at the apartment," my mom told us and got into her car.
"You guys hungry?" Daijon asked, getting into the driver side.
"Yes," I nodded. We decided on somewhere to get food and Daijon got it. Then we went back home.

As we were all eating I looked at Daij. "So why were you such an ass last night?" I sighed.
"Just what the guys been saying getting to me," he shrugged, "About being so young and tied down with a kid and a girl. I mean don't get me wrong I love you guys and I wouldn't trade you for the world but yeah it would be nice to be able to go out and not have to worry when to be home. It's like being in highschool again," he explained.
"I'm sorry," I shook my head, "I'll back off a little. Just don't want to lose you. I love you so much and I don't want to lose you to some new LA girl with no kid."
"Baby you aren't going to lose me," he shook his head, "I been wanting you since like 8th grade."
"For real?" I smiled at him.
"For real," he nodded, "I love you."
"I love you too," I smiled.

A/N- OMG guys I'm so sorry I've been gone so long! I've been sooo busy lately but I'm going to try to find time to update for you guys! I'm sorry!!