Falling Apart

*Kathleen's POV*

The next morning I woke up to a phone call. I rolled over and grabbed my phone off the side table. I unplugged it from the charger and answered the phone. "Hello?" I yawned.
"Kathleen?" it was my mom.
"Yeah? What's up?" I sat up, rubbing my eyes.
"Have you heard from Jax?" she asked sounding really upset.
"No I haven't, what's going on?" I asked.
"There was a robbery on the East side and someone got shot but they cant find the body and I'm scared it's Jax," she started. I could tell she was holding her tears back.
"No mom don't say that," I sighed, getting just as upset, "He's okay. I'll call him okay?"
"Okay," she told me. I hung the phone up and called Jax right away. I called him so many times but he didn't answer once. "Daijon wake up!" tears started to stream down my face. He rolled over groaning. "Daijon!"  looked at him. He sat up, realizing I was crying. "Hey, hey what's wrong??" he hugged me tight.
"Jax wont answer and I think he got shot," I cried.
"Baby," he sighed, "Why?"
"Cause he was apart of the robbery I know Amelia heard him talking about it," I cried.
"Baby calm down," he sighed, rubbing my back. My phone went off and I pulled away fast and answered it. "Jax??" I asked.
"Kathleen hunny?" it was my dad.
"Dad??" I asked, in the background I heard my mom crying.
"No dad don't tell me," I cried, "Dad please..."
"It was him," he told me, "His body was found with three bullet holes in the head..."
"Dad," I cried hard. I looked up at the door and Will, Phaquan, and Amelia were in the door. Amelia rushed over and hugged me right away. I cried hard into her shoulder. Daijon took the phone to talk to my dad as I cried to Amelia. "He was shot," I cried.
"Shhh," she told me, rubbing my back, "Calm down..."
"He's gone for good," I cried hard, "Shot three fucking times in the head."
"Oh sweetie," she sighed, "I'm so sorry." I just cried even harder...

I finally calmed down and my mom called me again around noon. "Hey hun," she sighed.
"Hi," I leaned back, holding Amani close to me.
"You okay?" she sighed.
"No but I'll be alright," I sighed.
"Did Daijon talk to you?" she asked.
"He said he wanted you to tell me," I sighed.
"Well the funeral is going to be Monday," she told me.
"Okay," I sighed.
"And is there any chance you can take Kat for a little bit?" she asked, "Your dad and I aren't doing good and I don't want her to see it. Brayson is going to stay with his friend for right now."
"Umm yeah I'll talk to Daijon about it but I'm sure he will be okay," I sighed a bit.
"Thank you," she told me. We hung up a bit later and I told Amelia about it. Daijon, Will, and Phaquan went to get us some lunch. "My life is falling apart," I sighed.
"It's going to be okay," she told me. Tears started to fall down my cheeks. Amani sat up on my lap and looked at me. She put her small hand on my cheek and wiped the tear away. "Mama sad?" she asked.
"No baby mama is okay," I sighed, nodding. She kept her small hand on my cheek as she looked at me. I kissed her nose gentle and smiled small. "Look at her Kathleen," Amelia told me, "She loves you so much. She is what you stay strong for. Show her she can get through anything because her mama is a strong woman and can get through hard things too. Show her how it's done. Be strong for her so she has someone strong to look up to. Kat too."
"You're right," I nodded and smiled at her. I looked back at Amani and smiled even bigger. I need to be strong. My daughter comes first. It's what moms do...