Struggling

*Kathleen's POV*

We got Kat and Brayson all settled into the house. Brayson was staying on an air mattress up in the loft and Kat was staying in Amani's room in a little nest. In our little apartment it was kind of... crowded. It was a lot of people in one place. Plus Daijon's friends have been over like every day and spending the night on the couches and stuff.

I put Amani down on the floor next to Kat so they could play and leaned back on the couch. "Daij?" I looked at him. He set his phone down and looked at me. "Yeah?"
"I think we need to start looking at houses, not apartments," I shrugged, "If Kat and Brayson are going to be here for a little while I just feel crowded. With your friends here too it's just a lot."
"Well I mean you let your siblings in without talking about it with me so why cant I have my friends over without talking to you about it!?" he snapped.
"I never said it was a problem," I looked at him, "Plus you said it was okay. I asked you."
"But you would've done it regardless," he shook his head, "It's always your way or no way."
"What?!" I looked at him, "If it was ever like that life would've been a lot different!! I would've stayed in Chino with you if it was MY way. We would have a house if it was MY way. My brother wouldn't have fucking got shot if it was MY way!!" I yelled at him. I stood up and walked out of the room to our bedroom. I shook my head a little as tears started to fall down my cheeks. I wiped them off and sat on the bed. Why would he be so mad about having my brother and sister here!? It's not like they are disturbing everything. It's not their fault my parents are falling apart right now. They don't even need to be around that and here we are yelling at each other anyways. We aren't much different I guess. The door opened and in walked Daijon. "What?!" I rolled my eyes.
"I'm sorry," he told me.
"Yeah I'm sure you are," I kept my attitude.
"Why you got attitude?!" he asked.
"Cause you said it was okay to have my siblings over! I don't want them to be in the middle of my parents fighting but here we are fighting acting just like them!" I stood up.
"Well I been a little stressed okay?! With work and Amani and trying to figure my shit out and also figure your shit out for you! So yeah I'm a little stressed Kathleen!!" he told me.
"What do you mean figure my shit out!?" I looked at him.
"How to make you happier. Your brother just got fucking shot, you're obviously not happy. I know you want a bigger house I knew this already. I can tell because I know you too well. I been trying to figure out with my guys on how to afford it in the first place. Seeing I'm the only one working for all 5 of us!" he told me.
"You're the one who said you got us!" I told him, "You wanted to support us. I would've gladly got a job to help support but YOU said you got us!"
"Yeah well maybe I don't," he shrugged, "Shit is hard. It's going okay. I'm not growing as fast anymore. I went off and now I'm just at this steady that isn't helping pay for the fucking bills and food and everything!"
"Well why didn't you tell me!?" I looked at him.
"Cause I aint want you to worry," he stopped yelling, "I got us... I still want to have us. I don't want us to fall."
"Let me help you then till you start going again," I stepped closer to him.
"No Kathleen," he shook his head, "I'll figure it out okay?"
"Fine," I sighed. I knew he wouldn't give it up. I know how stubborn he is. I gave him a hug and closed my eyes. He wrapped his arms around me tight and put his head in my neck. "I love you regardless," I whispered to him, "Money or no money."
"I love you too," he hugged me tighter.