nine

♫ lovely - billie eilish & khalid ♫

lovely - billie eilish & khalid ♫

Lunch was very tense and awkward to say the least. Leonardo sat in between River and Anna who stubbornly snuck little glances at each other. Keanu sat next to Rosalia giving her a look of sadness but the optimistic girl just smiled.

"Don't worry" she mouthed, grabbing and squeezing his hand. Corey and Piper sat on the other side of Keanu and stared at the two's every move.

"What if they do get together?" Corey whispered in Piper's ear. "This is not how I wanted my school year to start at all, I guess I'll deal with it" Piper confessed to Corey.

"As much as I hate you, I don't like to see you hurt" He said making Piper  turn to him. "That's the nicest thing you've said to me Corey Lopez" Piper whispered making Corey smiled a bit. "We haven't always been nice to each other, how about we start now? Looking out for each other?" Corey suggested. "Oh so you'll be Anna 2.0 but less of a liar" Piper said, loud enough of Anna to hear making her pause and scowl at Piper.

"Piper, please stop." Keanu said taking his attention off of Rosalia. "No, in all seriousness Anna why didn't you tell me?" Piper asked, starting go get teary eyed again.

"Alright, we have twenty mintues left in lunch to settle this" Leonardo said clapping his hands together. Anna sighed and look at River and Piper.

"I slept with Johnny over the summer a couple of times. This was before River and I started liking each other, I never meant to hurt you River I promise. I only told Piper I didn't like you because I didn't want my secret to be out like that, I wasn't sure you liked me in that way, I didn't want my heartbroken. I knew Johnny and I weren't going to go any futher in our "affair", so I had nobody to experience love with anymore. River, you make me so happy please don't give up on me" Anna confessed with tears in her eyes.

River stared at Anna longingly and then smiled. "I'm sorry I made you feel like shit today, I'm impulsive and should have let you explain" River said. "And Piper, you're my best friend and my infactuation with River was too significant to hurt me as much I didn't tell anyone not even you because I was scared. I trust you Piper! I've been your friend for the longest!" Anna said, making Piper look down.

"I feel terrible now" Piper said. "As you should" Keanu remarked earning a smack from Rosalia. "Ow! Heidi!" Keanu said. "No time for jokes, this is a sentimental moment" Rosalia said smiling. "I would continue to be angry with you, but you're really cute" Keanu said making Rosalia blush.

"So? Do you guys forgive me?" Anna said looking at both River and Piper. "Anna, we don't have to forgive you, you did nothing wrong" River said. "Yeah we were just being pessimistic and impulsive" Piper added. "Thank you" Anna said.

"Oh and Piper I was serious, we should be more friendly towards one another" Corey said. "No need I have Anna now" Piper said looking at Anna. "This is why you're intolerable" Corey said. "Here we go" Leonardo said referring to the verbal fight now going on between Corey and Piper.

"They had one good moment and now its all over" River said, making Keanu laugh.

chamber of reflection - mac demarco

"Rosalia think of it, if you could marry me you'll get to stay in this country" Jonathan remarked to Rosalia as they stepped out of class. "Jonathan no offense, but Rosalia probably wouldn't want to stay in America" Leonardo said in response to Jonathan. "I don't mind it really" Rosalia shurgged. "HA!" yelled Jonathan leaving to go to talk to his other friends. "Rosie? You really want to stay here" Leonardo asked. "I'm not so sure Leo, the US is nice and all but I have a family in Verona. I'm the only child and I have to make them proud on my education." Rosalia said making Leonardo nod. "What if you were to stay in America" Leonardo asked making her shrug. "Only time could tell" Rosalia responded walking over to Corey.

"Corey" she said making him flustered at the mere sight of her. "Rosie, what a suprise" Corey said in a high pitched voice making her laugh. "Since I am a foreign exchange student, they want to interview the student I most felt helped me these past days, I chose you" Rosalia said smiling. "Really?" Coret softly said. "Yeah, you're really important to me" she said softly walking away, making Corey melt. "Corey just creamed his pants" River said walking hand in hand with Anna. "Aw, little brother might get the girl of his dreams" Anna cooed, pinching Corey's cheeks. He smacked her hands away and bucked at her. "Don't be violent" River said, hugging Anna tightly. "You two disgust me, imagine what abuelita is going to say when you bring an individual named River in the house" Corey said getting into Keanu's car. "For the last time Corey, its a unique name" River said passionately. "Keep telling yourself that" Piper said. "Shut up Piper" River said, pulling her hair.

Which lead to Piper repeatedly smacking and hitting River. "No fighting!" Keanu said for the millionth time. Rosalia rushed back outside to step into the passenger seat. "What's with the rush Heidi?" Keanu said closing his door.

"Anna, Winona is spreading rumors about you." Rosalia said to Anna. Anna's eyes literally almost popped out her sockets and everyones eyes were on Rosalia. "What?" They all said at the same time.

"She's saying that you slept with Johnny before her and him even dated, and he might have gotten you pregnant!" Rosalia said quickly. "What? I can assure you we used protection and I started sleeping with him after their argument! Can this day get any worse!" Anna said slumping back in her seat. "That's it!" Piper said getting out the car.

"Piper what the hell are you doing?" River shouted. Piper ignored him and went up to Winona. "Leave Anna the hell alone" Piper said coldly. "No, she slept with Johnny" Winona said.

"Winona, she never slept with him before you guys dated and you know that, she wasn't even pregnant, stop trying to ruin her reputation. That's what I don't understand about girls these days, you want to fight everyone but the man who cheated! Yes she was in the wrong too, but what have you done to Johnny? Nothing! Leave Anna alone, or you'll regret it." Piper said to Winona. "Alright fine" Winona remarked looking down.

"Good"

Piper rushed back into the car with all smiles. "So we're just going to ignore what happened back there?" Corey said. "Oh no, we're gonna remember this" Piper said laughing. "You've been through so much, I didn't want more lies to be piled" Piper said. "I love you Piper, you're the best. You're like my sister" Anna said. "The feelings mutal" Piper replied.

A/N: Friendship goals! I want this story to go slow a bit, this book is literally going to go so south and you guys won't expect whats gonna happen AT ALL! I'm taking things slow a bit but stay tuned ;)