All You Need Is Love

===============================

     " All you need is love,
love.
Love is all you need. "

===============================

     After talking for a little while, I ended up falling asleep on the floor of John's bedroom while John slept on his own mattress.

     The next morning, I yawned and stretched my arms over my head as I got up from my not-so-comfortable-floor-bed. I looked over at the much more comfortable mattress, with a sleeping John still tucked in it. I'm still in complete shock that I spent the night in here. Why? Why was he so quick to let me in? How did he get to Strawberry Fields and why would he when it was so rainy? What kind of music does his band make? So many questions that I have, and the man is still fast asleep!

    I stood up and opened his window blinds, immediately hearing a tired groan from the direction of John's bed.

     "Christ... What time is it?" He asked with his eyes squinted.

     "Hell if I know..." I replied, rubbing my own eyes. "I guess I should be heading home, yeah? I mean, we do have school today."

     John frowned a little once I said that, but nodded his head in agreement. He got up off the bed and walked over behind me, hugging me tightly close to himself. This caught me completely off-guard.

     "I like touchin'... touchin' is good, ...ye know?" He smiled as he whispered into my ear, "Think we should all do a little more huggin' in this world. ...Don't you?" I blushed lightly as I felt his breath on my neck, but I shook off these emotions once he stepped away. "But... everyone's too busy bein' bitter, I guess." My eyes studied him quite carefully, trying to sort out John's motives. They honestly seemed unclear to me. He noticed this.

     "Look, I... I jus wanna make sure yer alright, okay? Thas all. Yer human jus like me, yeah? ...And... And I really think that we all should be nicer to one another. That's it. So... don't go all soft on me, alright?" He reiterated.

     I gulped nervously a bit before walking towards my belongings.

     I then grabbed all of my writing supplies that I had brought to Strawberry Fields yesterday and began walking home, preparing for the mass amounts of yelling I would receive and it was only 5:30 in the morning.

     Just as I walked in through the front door, my Father was already heading out, quickly pushing passed me without saying a single word.

     "Well... that was unusually tame." I said to myself after he left for work. He must've been in a rush or something or another.

     I quickly headed up the stairs and got ready for the day, tossing on my uniform and combing my hair back with gel. I smiled in the mirror to myself, "Today... is going to be a lot better. I just know it." I grabbed my rucksack and began walking. "It has to be."

     I don't live too far from the school, only about a mile or so; I usually walk. About halfway through the walk, I noticed Geo was waving towards me.

    "Ey, Paulie!" George greeted me as I jogged up to him.

"Ah, How- How're you?" I asked, still catching my breath.

     "Everythin's alright, how abou' yerself?" He said, readjusting his backpack over his shoulder.

     "Well, yesterday was-" I began to say, but then I quickly realized... if I tell George that I hung out with John, he'd know I lied about not being able to see him.

     "C'mon... Spit it out, McCartney." George said, making a circular gesture with his hands.

     "Oh! Uh, it was pretty boring, but my Da' didn't give me any troubles... So, that's pretty good, right?" I sighed.