I'll Cry Instead

===============================

     " Don't want to cry when there's people there,
I get shy when they start to stare.
I'm gonna hide myself away, hey!
But I'll come back again, someday. "

Disclaimer: get some fucking tissues you guys this is not a drill.

===============================

circa December 8th, 1980

     Many, many years it has been since the peak of our careers...

     After the last tour the Beatles did, John insisted we move to New York City after being so fascinated by the American urban scene. I didn't mind, though. Whatever John wanted to do, I was ideal with.

     Wherever John was, I wanted to be there. Isn't that the whole point of all this?

     Everyday, waking up to see his smiley face right beside my own was much more than a blessing. It was the reason that I woke up at all.

     So many years we've been writing music together, so many years we've been together in general. Yet, for some reason, I still fall in love with this boy every single day.

     Every. Single. Day.

     But you knew that. Hell, I'm pretty sure everyone knows that. I just don't want the public to know that yet, but it's quite clear either way.

     Why do you need me to tell you that? Haven't you been listening at all?

     It all started with that one song.

     Blackbird.

     "John, do ye need anythin' from the market, love?" I asked, peering into the kitchen John was stood in, helping himself to a cup of tea.

     "I'm jus fine, thank ye." He smiled, dipping the tiny bag into the steaming hot water.

     I smiled back at the boy and slid my hands into my pockets. "Right, well I best be off, then! Have to pick up a couple o' things. Won't be too long, though." I kissed the boy on his cheek and hugged him closer to me.

     "Please be safe. Ye know how people can be out there." John smiled down at me. "The city's beautiful, but the last thing we need is a couple o' weirdos hounding ye this early in the day."

     "I'll be fine, ye know that!" I snapped jokingly, "...I love you."

      He kissed my forehead endearingly, "I love you more than you'll ever fully realize, Macca."

     I blushed at his response and headed my way out the door. The cold winter air bit my flesh the second I left the warm and cozy flat.

     Home.

     I'm a tad shocked that no groupies attacked me as I left the house. Although, that hasn't happened in quite some time. The Beatles were old news, after all. But that's okay, I'm okay accepting that fact. The legend still remains in our hearts and in our memories.

     I do wonder how George and Ringo are... I haven't seen them since they helped John and I move our things over here. They were amazing friends... they're still bloody fantastic. I only wish that they lived closer to John and I, I'd love to visit them everyday if I could. Always were there for me when we were young.

     I'm sure those two would love it here in the city, too. They'd have a blast, playing in all the local clubs.

     John, George, Ringo and I - We're the Fab Four! The bond between all of us was... like magic, to say the least. A once-in-a-lifetime sorta deal.