The Long And Winding Road

===============================

" The long and winding road
that leads to your door will never disappear. I've seen that road before.
It always leads me here;
lead me to your door. "

Disclaimer: just fluff, not a lot of story building in this chapter

===============================

The next day at school, I casually strolled down the hallway to get to my next class, my head still pounding with all that has happened. The album, Stu, my Father, you name it! It was as if a thick cloud had fallen over me and all I could think about was things that made me feel sick.

When I was about to head into my second period class, I noticed the familiar dark haired boy leaning up against a locker by himself. He looked solemn and lonely. He was Stu.

I wanted to talk to him about everything. Honestly, a part of me wanted to apologize even though he's the one who ruined John and I's reputation. It's so clear to me now how hurt the lad is and it isn't fair of me to just give him the cold shoulder.

I took a deep breath before marching over to him, "Ello, Stu." I muttered out.

He pretended he didn't hear me, that git.

"Now all of a sudden, yer deaf, are ye?" I asked, sliding my hands into my pockets.

"What do ye want, McCartney?" Stu asked, still staring at the tiles of the hall.

I sighed, "I wanna talk to ye abou'... abou' John." I winced once the words escaped my mouth.

"Yeah?" He scoffed and turned up to face me, "That's hilarious, really, because yer the very last person on Earth that I'd wanna talk abou' John wi'." He picked up his backpack and slung it around his arm. "Bugger off, Paul, will ye?"

Stu began to walk down the hallway acting cool and slick, but I knew better. I took a deep breath and headed back to my class I was originally trying to go to.

Disappointed, I couldn't really pay attention in class hardly at all.

As I left the class finally, John was leaned up against the locker waiting for me to come out.

"We gotta get outta here." He whispered.

"Pardon?" I asked.

"Bri told me we oughta leave aroun' this time, he did." John told me, taking a cigarette out of his pocket. "Told us to go out that door behind ye."

"How'd he pull off that stunt, then? If we're still in school?" I doubted he was telling the truth.

John sighed in defeat, "Jus come wi' me, Macca, don't be so stubborn." He flirted.

"Yer not suggestin' we skip school, are ye?" I asked, cocking my head.

John looked up at me blankly, "Well-"

"Ye've gone mad, Johnny." I chuckled. "It's honestly entertaining at this point."

I began to walk passed him, hoping John would follow me, but he didn't, he grabbed my arm.

"C'mon, skippin' one day won't hurt anyone." John whispered close to my face, nearly onto my lips. "Wouldn't ye do it for me, my lovely Macca?"

     "Ye act like ye'll bloody keel over if I don't." I replied with a smug cadence to my voice. My breath cascading over his mouth.

A group of kids around us noticed this and stared, John pulled his hand away and backed up.