In Spite Of All The Danger

===============================

     " I'll look after you
like I have never done before,
I'll keep all the others
from knockin' at your door! "

Disclaimer: NSFW at the end of this chapter, this is your warning !

===============================

     Every Friday. That's how often we performed at that little café. It finally seems like we're becoming "The Beatles" we hoped to be, even if it was in such a small scale. We are getting better, I think... We were growing.

     Tonight is just another night of performing, however, tonight the crowd's a bit larger than usual.
Odd.

     "Why do ye suppose there's so many people, here?" John leaned into my ear and whispered.

     His breath on my neck sent chills throughout me, "No clue, was wonderin' the same thing, Johnny." I whispered back.

     "C'mon we oughta get ready to perform, boys." Richard tapped on my shoulder to tell me.

     I shrugged my shoulders and hopped on stage next to George. He was tuning his guitar for the millionth time today, per usual.

     "It's not gonna get anymore tuned than already it is, George." I cocked my head down at the boy.

     "Wouldn't hurt to try, right?" He chuckled a bit.

     "We go on in ten minutes, fellas. There's a lot of people here, so we gotta make this night the best." John suggested with a wink.

     I took a deep breath and began to practice a little on my bass. Just strumming a few notes to get my fingers warmed up, is all. I'd also be lying if I said I didn't scan the crowds for my Father.

    "One... Two... Three... Four..." George began to strum up the beat to our own cover of, "Ain't She Sweet."

     As the song progressed, the crowd looked over in our direction with slight awe. Didn't think much of it.

     Until one man... one man looked over at the stage with hope in his eyes. There were a crowd of young birds around him, even though he was  pretty aged. He watched with a grin on his face the rest of the night until our set was up. Although this made us a little nervous, it also inspired us to "wow the crowd" even more so.

     "That was phenomenal, boys! ...I'm Horst Fascher... So, what do ye call yerselves?" The man asked the moment we got off the stage.

     "The Beatles." We all said in unison.

     "The Beatles, eh? Ye sound rather promising. I have an offer for ye that jus might make yer heads spin." He said with a sly look in his eye.

     "Go on..." John prompted.

     The man laughed, "Wi' Winter Break on it's way next week, how would ye lads like to perform in my night club everynight for the entire week and a half? The club's up in Hamburg, and it's very well-known. S'called the Star-Club. Ye'd be paid very well."

     "During Winter Break? That's during the holidays!" I chimed in. "How could we-"

    "I'll give ye the rest of the night to decide, jus come to me when ye've made up yer minds'." The man told us before walking back to his entourage.

     "Aunt Mimi will be... devastated." John sighed.

     "So will my family..." George looked down at the floor.