I.

•••

"Sakura, where are those damn chips?!" He shouted across the living room. His bandmates and friends were watching a rock concert in their television, although they did more talking and drinking rather than watching.

The pinkette, sweaty and working under pressure, unpacked the nacho chips and took it out on a big white bowl. Her white satin blouse was now a mess. She just got home 15 minutes ago and didn't even had the time to change her clothes. She came home with loud laughter and loud rock music from the television of which seems to be in its maximum volume followed by a series of requests from Sasori and his friends. The living room was a mess, beer cans and bottles, food crumbs and cigarette butts were all over their living room floor.

She couldn't complain. She wouldn't.

Sasori, you see, is her first boyfriend. He was her first to everything. First kiss, first date, first live-in partner and her very first (if you know what she means). She is living with him for almost a year, but they're together for two years now. Sakura thought he'd be the one. Or hoping he'd be the one. He had always swept her off her feet, but everything changed all of a sudden. She didn't know how it turned out like this.

Sasori - He was this band guitarist and vocalist in a bar where her friends hang out before when they were celebrating their post college graduation. Like all the girls, Sakura was mesmerized by this man's charms. She didn't know why he had chosen her after all those gorgeous girls out there who freely flaunt their bodies at him.

It was so romantic. Their first meet. Their eyes met as he sang on stage, and later afterwards before she and her friends leave, he came to the table and asked her if she wanted to go out sometime and asked for her number.

Sakura was innocent by then but cautious. She knew this man would only want to get into her panties, Ino warned her about that. She said yes, but only to have a date at a park or a café, as long as the place is public - for safety. He would bring flowers, a whole bouquet of it before each date.

After 6 months of officially being together, one of the many temptations Sakura gave into, was giving away her virginity to him even though she swore she'll give it to her husband. That time, it felt like Sasori was going to stay forever, like he was going to be her husband anyway so she gave in. Sasori was always gentle to her on dates, but Sakura later found out how wild he gets at bed, even on her first time, and she couldn't admit how she loved it because it was too embarrassing.

Shortly after a year, everything changed when Sakura first caught him cheating. She saw with her own two eyes, outside the bar, where he french kissed a girl while he softly caressed the woman's back. Sakura wanted to end their relationship by then, but Sasori begged her not to leave, even bent down on his knees and cried. She gave him another chance.

But later did she know that she'll be giving out a lot of second chances to this guy.

Maybe she stayed because she knew his past and how rough it had been for him. He lost his mother on a plane crash and his father is now with his new family, only giving him money to live on. The money that was provided was for the apartment pay they are living in and the rest was his. Sasori didn't mind his father though, he even liked it that way.

But there was no denying it. She was dead tired of this relationship but she still loves him and still hopes he'll be back to what he used to be.

"Here you go, love" Sakura said, smiling and placing the bowl of nacho chips on the table.
"You're a lucky man, Sasori, having a woman like her," his drunk friend said, looking at Sakura lustfully.
"Damn sure I am," Sasori, drunk as well, snorted and grabbed Sakura, making her sit on his lap and started kissing her neck as he unbuttoned the first piece on her blouse, "S-sasori, don't..!!" Sakura struggled loose and managed to do so, her neck, now wet from licking and kisses.

She was in the verge of crying, but she's gotten used to it that she could almost control her tears, but not always. She exhaled and went outside for fresh air.

On the terrace of her apartment, she leaned in and sighed. She was tired.

"You okay?" Her neighbor suddenly appears in the night at his part of the terrace and asks. Sakura immediately wiped her tears and said, "Y-yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about it, Sasuke."

Sasuke just moved in a few months ago next door and also coincidentally worked at the same sales company where Sakura was working on. Even though he only stayed for just a few weeks from now, Sasori was always triggered when he sees Sakura with him after work. It's not like they live far from each other. Of course they'll walk the same path! But Sasori shutted the thought and accused him of hitting on Sakura. (Even though they barely talked. Sasuke kept his cool nevertheless.)

The pinkette felt embarrassed, because Sasuke Uchiha is a heartthrob bachelor of his age at real life and at work and she's definitely out of his league. To prevent this from ever happening again, Sakura always made sure he either leaves the office first or she does.

"Here," Sasuke offered a brown checkered hanky. For the months that he stayed here, never was there a peaceful night next door. He would often hear laughter and rock music, and - well, a rough rocking bed in the middle of the night. Not like he cared though. He was a bit concerned, rather. Sakura was his neighbor and colleague and not once did he ever see her sad at the office. She was great in masking it, but he would often see her crying in their shared terrace.

"Your boyfriend's a douche. You know that, right?" Sasuke was staring at her, waiting for confirmation if she does know.
"Yeah... but I love him anyway." Sakura looked back, meeting his eyes.

"Are you sure you're in love with him or are you in love with the idea of your relationship with him?"

Before she could say a thing, Sasuke said goodnight and closed his door shut. His question got her thinking. A question she didn't know would change her decision-making.

•••

"Let me guess - after that get together with his friends last night, that damn man humped you again." Ino, Sakura's blonde friend whispered angrily while squeezing her disposable fork so much it cracked. "Damn it, I have to get another one."

"I've been thinking..." Sakura started.

"Of what?" Tenten asked, while holding her cup noodles and Hinata was carefully listening. It was their lunch time and it was the only time they usually talk about these matters at the office.

"..of breaking up with him." The pinkette swallowed while the three gasped in surprise and Tenten almost choked on her noodles.
"Who are you and what have you done to the insensible Sakura?" Ino fake cried.
"I hope you are serious this time." Hinata said.
"Damn right, you should!!" Tenten placed her fists on the table, almost knocking out her food.

"It's just that, I don't know how - to tell him." Sakura shrugged. "And what if I couldn't help but give him another chance?"
"Then as he begs you to stay, just remember why you wanted to leave that relationship in the first place." Hinata suggested which was immediately agreed on by the other two. "Kami, it is TOXIC!!!" Tenten added.

Sakura decided.

•••

On her way home, she bid her friends farewell as she did her 15 minute walk to the bus stop. She did her thinking a lot. There was still this hope of wanting Sasori to change back to the way he was before. Somehow she wanted to stay and fight for their relationship.

Yet not a moment longer,

She stopped immediately on her tracks after what she saw in front of her. She met his eyes. Sasori and a woman with pinkish red hair just went out of a love motel. The woman had her arms wrapped around him and she was kissing him on his cheek. Sasori pushed her upon seeing the pinkette.

Sakura turned around, walking at the opposite direction. Sasori was shouting behind her, "Sakura, it's not what you think!" grabbing her by the hand as he caught up. Sakura was crying now. "Please, let go of me." She cried and removed his hands, "Sakura, please, listen to me." He said in his gentle voice, his face contoured to a mask of sincerity. But the pinkette refused to fall for it.

She kept walking away.