VI.

•••

The news was spreading like wildfire in the office. Not that it's important, but because most of the women working there wanted to know what type of girl finally hooked Sasuke a deal. This was a mystery because they never saw him with another girl to the point they almost assumed he was gay.

The moment they heard Sakura's name involved, some had a surprised look, some had their what-the-fuck face on, some had the look of disappointment, either disappointed for the fact that Sasuke is dating someone below his league or the fact that the pinkette broke up with a man she dated for 2 years and moved on in less than a week.

Sakura's friends didn't seem bothered by it, they were rather amused. The pinkette, on the other hand, wasn't really sure what to feel.

The rumors were making her moving-on-process in progress though, but honestly made her feel worse about it. It was finally sinking into her that Sasori and her is no longer a thing. The women in their building were already familiar with Sasori, he used to fetch her at work in his big motorcycle like some kind of dream bad boy, the others would say.

Sasori was a ladies' man and women got so jealous of Sakura for having someone like him, asking her what her secret for making him fall for her and things like that.

Sakura never knew it herself. They just.. clicked.

"Take this to Mr. Tamaho, Sakura. I need his signature down here." Tsunade, Sakura's supervisor and also the operations manager, asked her to do so. The blonde really liked Sakura because she was the most hard working employee in their team, no, probably the whole operations. It was true, though. Sakura would often get things done in an instant and wouldn't leave the office until everything is clear and done. Some say she could be next in line. It is also one of the reasons why she is known at the company, and maybe having a relationship with someone in the company is the last thing they expect her to have.

The pinkette didn't hesitate to take it but she suddenly got sweaty. She would need to go near Sasuke's office bay where Mr. Tamaho was. He is their team lead after all.

The pinkette, almost at her destination, saw Sasuke on his usual place, and Karin, a redhead employee who could also be called as Sasuke's number one fan, was at his back - saying something Sakura couldn't hear. She was out of earshot. Not that the pinkette cared, but this was somehow getting on her nerves. Sakura took another few seconds to observe.

Ino was right, she unbuttoned the first piece on her blouse, showing off a peek of her cleavage. Sakura cringed and imagined how tight her push bra could be. Poor boobs, she thought, but shook it off instantly. What was she thinking?

Karin was still talking but Sasuke was focused on his computer screen, typing without even looking at his keyboard. Her hands suddenly slithered into his shoulders as if planning to give him a massage. It's when Sasuke turned around to avoid her hands from getting any further and that's when he saw Sakura.

Sakura blushed and continued to walk to Mr. Tamaho's office and asked for his signature real quick. When she finally got it, Karin was already back in her station, near Sasuke's, and her first button finally closed again.

She was about to head back when she heard him say, "Sakura," Her heart stopped. His voice was low but powerful enough to be heard by a few. "Pick you up at 5." He said.

Sakura got nervous, but if she wants this to be convincing, she has to play flawlessly. "Not if I pick you up first, Uchiha." She said playfully and walked out. She was blushing all the way. The last name had a nice ring. Like a dare. She giggled at her small success.

•••

It was 10 minutes before 5 and the pinkette already saw Sasuke coming her way. She wasn't done cleaning her desk yet, and she was planning to leave 5 minutes earlier because she wanted to pick him up instead. This, she believes, is what a strong independent woman would do. But Sasuke was already done, he had his sleeves rolled up to his elbows as his hands were tucked in his pockets and his brown sling bag was over his shoulder.

Sakura was glad that Sasuke had no car and they had to walk home and take the bus because neither did she have one. She only rode Sasori's motorcycle on the way home before, but since they're no longer in a relationship, she was back to walking and taking a bus. But it's okay because she needed peace and time to think.

"Sorry I can't drive you home," Sasuke shrugged.
"It's fine." Sakura offered a genuine smile.
"Would you rather, though?" He asked. As if it was possible to get one now and he could drive her home right away.
"No, silly, I just want to walk and taking the bus is okay." She laughed.

Sasuke might've gotten the point because he never spoke to her all the way and didn't bother starting a conversation. The pinkette appreciated that.

Two more blocks and then they're home, they could already see their apartment building.

Sakura stopped on her tracks upon seeing a woman in front of Sasori's door. Her hair looked red but lighter like it was a strong dark shade of pink. She couldn't see the face since she was facing the opposite way. Sasuke saw the woman enter and he looked back to Sakura who seems like she had a big lump on her throat.

She sighed, teary eyed but didn't let one drop. Instead, she turned back.
"Go on ahead. I'll be going-."
"Do you want some ice cream?" Sasuke asked out of the blue. "I know a place."

It was only a few blocks away from their place, and Sakura was surprised she wasn't familiar with it. The banner says, "Miku's ice cream parlor". Sasuke ordered a scoop of pistachio and another scoop of pink bubblegum flavored ice cream while Sakura ordered strawberry and vanilla.

"I haven't heard of this place before....oh wow this is sooo good." Sakura cried in delight as she tasted her first scoop. It had strawberry tidbits and she absolutely loved it. Sasuke had a weird combination. He told her this was his favorite. Crazy, Sakura thought.
"This is a new establishment." Sasuke looked around. The ambiance was cozy and cute. Not his type. Sakura wouldn't even guess he'd know such a place.

"Hi, how's your ice cream?" A woman with a pleasant face and a beautiful smile came by the table. She had straight and silky black hair and she looked young, but there was a hint that she may be older than what she looked like.

Sasuke coughed and almost choked on his ice cream upon the woman's arrival. Sakura immediately took her hanky and wiped the ice cream messed on Sasuke's mouth.
"Oh geez, I'm so sorry, the ice cream is great!" She said, embarrassed.
"Are you alright?" The woman asked Sasuke.
"I am. Let's go, Sakura." He wasn't done with his ice cream but he was already at the door, ready to go home. Sakura took hers and immediately followed him. Apologizing once again for the mess.

"What was that about??" Sakura hid her laugh.
"Nothing. Just eat your ice cream." He blushed. Angrily.
Sakura assumes the woman was his type.... does that mean she likes older women? That may be the reason why they never saw him with a woman before!

Sakura immediately assumed and grinned at the thought.