XIV.

•••

Even though Sasuke had to leave right away, it didn't really change the fact that Sakura was happy to see her parents again. All thanks to him too. She missed them a lot. With them, everything felt lighter. Like she didn't have any problems to think of. But these happy things need to end and it's another slap in the face by none other than reality.

Her mother knew her well, and she knew Sakura was bothered when Sasuke left. Mebuki didn't further intervene of what's the truth about their relationship, if they were friends or more than else, so she only did what she can to make the pinkette happy, and same what Fugaku did. Her father didn't seem to pick up the thing about the two of them but he still made Sakura happy.

She promised them she won't skip another month of visiting them before she left for Tokyo.

When Sakura arrived at the apartment, it stayed the same when they left it. It was the two of them who returned different. Sasuke didn't bother going back here and he did mention that he won't be living in the apartment for a while so it meant she had the place all for herself. She felt lonely in it. So lonely that just wants to call Sasuke now and tell him that she really didn't mean it, she didn't want to end the contract right away and hoped he'd come back to the apartment soon, but it wasn't as easy as that.

The pinkette's best friends were bothered too when she came back, they would catch her preoccupied every time they were trying to talk with her, in which she immediately pretends to be jollier than usual once she returns back to reality.
"Sakura, get a grip. You're stronger than this." Tenten said, worried and not minding her smiling mask.
"So you finally broke up with him?" Hinata asked gently, as if trying not to be offensive.
"Kind of. Well, we don't talk anymore and he doesn't live in the apartment as of the moment so I guess you could say that." Sakura smiled and continued playing with her noodles with her wooden chopsticks.
"And you're okay with it?" Ino suspiciously asked.
"Why wouldn't I be? What we had was fake. And I did promise myself and you guys that I'll end it before it's too late."

"I guess it was already too late then." Ino said bluntly. Sakura and the other two didn't react and they just let it all be, but silently, her bestfriends all knew it was true, except her.

•••

"If you keep getting good at it, you're up for the role in no time." Itachi chuckled. He was at the main U-Corp visiting his brother. It had been 2 and a half weeks since Sasuke took over his father's place as a substitute and he only had this time to visit him. He had been busy with running his and Izumi's business while carefully attending to Izumi at all times. He had advised her to stop working and just rest for the baby, but Izumi only told him that he was being over dramatic saying her tummy isn't so big of a hindrance yet.

"Not like I had any other choice," Sasuke grinned as he continued to type his report on his laptop.
"Right. Sorry about that, Sasuke." Itachi shrugged, now that he is married and he was handling a business of his own, Sasuke was the only one who could cover for the post.
"Heard from mom that you've been staying at the other mansion over the street. You with Sakura there?"

Sasuke stopped a few seconds with his typing at the mere sound of her name, but went back immediately. "No, she's still in the apartment. It's much closer to her office."
"So you're telling me, you haven't been seeing her since then?"
"Itachi, I'm busy."
"Oh, you're busy now? You weren't a few seconds ago."
"Go home to your wife." Sasuke glared.