VIII.

•••

Sakura couldn't rest that night. She was alone at home and her mind was preoccupied. She wished something distracted her from what happened earlier. It was an hour before midnight and the pinkette was outside the balcony, lights turned off. She wasn't worried if Sasori would see her given that he was just a door away, because she knew he barely been home ever since they broke up, and she could only guess that he's staying over his current lover. That girl with the light red hair.

She was just there holding her can of beer, sulking about it. About how lonely she was now. About how her plans with Sasori was ruined. She would often think of their future together. How he'd be a successful band artist, how she'd be at home taking care of their children. All those, taken away. She was a few years more until she reaches the age of 30 and now she's single, probably forever at this point.

The pinkette immediately wiped her tears away upon hearing a car engine enter the premises. She noticed the luxurious car parked in front of their apartment gates. What was that car? It looked familiar to her. Was it an Audi A8? Whatever. It surely does look luxurious.

The next thing that had happened made her dock from the balcony, hiding herself. Sasuke went out of the driver's seat and walked to open the passenger seat, revealing a familiar woman in a black dress. The woman from the ice cream parlor! It seems that the car was owned by the woman - Sakura thought. Before the woman enters the driver's seat, she kissed Sasuke on the cheek and hugged him.

Sakura had made a conclusion: It was Sasuke's sugar mommy. Probably!! Before she gets caught, she finds this chance to go back inside and pretend to sleep in the couch - by then she heard the car engine start and his foot steps going closer. Before she gets on the couch, she realized she hadn't closed the door and it would be suspicious - she ran tip toeing and boom.
"S-Sasuke!" She bumped into his chest, unfortunately spilling the can of beer that she forgot to let go of, on both their tops. "S-sorry," She facepalmed and blushed. Sasuke was flushing, too. He now had his suspicion that she saw everything down there.
"Did you see?" He asked with his monotone voice.
"See what? I didn't see anything down there." Shoot.

"Admit it."
"No, I just- just woke up from a nap."
"Sakura, the beer is still cold, I can feel it on my shirt. Plus, I did see that the door was open. So, did you see it?"
Sakura bit her lip, "O-okay fine! I saw you with your sugar mommy, what's the big deal???"
"Wait - what did you call her?" Sasuke's face was straight.
"I- I didn't mean to offend you.." Sakura swallowed.
"Sugar mommy?" The raven's face was no longer straight. He started laughing like crazy. She'd never seen him like this before and she doesn't think anyone had seen him like this before. Like she cracked a million dollar joke.

"Where the hell did you get that idea from?" He was still laughing.
"It was obvious, Sasuke. Can you please stop laughing? It's bothering me."
"I can't wait to tell her you said that."
"You're going to tell her?? Are you crazy? She might be jealous!"

"Enough of that," He breathed his last laugh, "Why have you been crying again?"
"Crying? Me? I did not." She laughed fakely.
"Come on, tell me," Sasuke had gotten serious. Although Sakura had a feeling he kinda knew the reason. Without any more excuses, she told him about her encounter with Sasori again.

•••

It was past midnight but Sakura and Sasuke had spent the time in the couch. Sasuke was listening to Sakura's stories about her relationship with the redhead and he didn't like most of it at all. He had caught her many times that she was in the verge of crying with her cracking voice, but still he listened. He never got to do this at all, but he felt she needed it. Like she needed to tell it all and let go of it. She was already at her fourth can of beer and she was flushing. She no longer cried and laughed more. Sasuke figured it was time to rest now that she let it all out. "You need to rest, Sakura," He stood up but was taken back by a grip on his shirt and suddenly she was on top of him, Sakura was definitely drunk now. She was staring at him with her half lidded passionate emerald eyes and she was definitely mesmerized.

Not again.

"You know what, Sasuk-hic" She hiccuped. "You're.. A very very veeeerryy handsome man" Sakura smiled. Sasuke coughed, stopping his nervous laugh. "..and our colleagues always wondered why you were-hic single.. I thought so too. But - you know, I've always thought-hic you just don't take girls seriouslyy"

"Am I right?"
"Right. Now go to sleep." Sasuke is too amused.
"Good, because I don't want to take guys seriously anymore so... Maybe we could..." Sakura started stripping off her top, revealing her flaming red push up bra.
Sasuke flushed and swallowed. Is he going to be raped....????? "Sakura, put that shit back on" He stumbled to get her top back into her but she was fighting.
"No. My body is on heat, please," Sakura clumsily reached and unlocked her bra but Sasuke immediately held it together before he could even see anything.

DAMN DRUNK HORNY WOMAN.

"Stop it," Fuck. Now I'm hard.

Thankfully, she stopped and stumbled asleep on Sasuke's chest. Too tired to function. Sasuke couldn't handle more of it. He would have given in.

Before he left the couch, he made sure she was wearing her top and the blankets were covering her all throughout. He locked his bedroom door just to be sure.

•••

Sakura woke up with a strong smell of brewed coffee in the morning, even though her shirt smelled of beer from last night. What happened? The pinkette stood up from her couch and stretched. She walked towards the kitchen and found Sasuke, his back turned, wearing his pants and green sweater, his hair - messy and goofy from the usual professional Sasuke. Sakura immediately remembered what she saw last night at the car, but decided not to bring it up.

Coughing, she greeted, "Good morning, Sasuke." The raven turned towards the pinkette, holding his cup of coffee and leaning his hips on the counter top, looking intently at the woman in front of him. He sipped his coffee before returning the greeting. "Mornin'." Still, he didn't dart his eyes away from hers after a few awkward seconds.

"What?" Sakura swallowed.
"I'm assessing if you remember what happened last night." He put down his cup and crossed his arms, his lips twitching to a smile, trying hard to hide it.
"Oh, that, well.. Yeah, I mean - I won't tell about your sugar m- I mean- her..." she shrugged.
"First of all, Haruno Sakura, that woman isn't my sugar mommy. Second, I wasn't even talking about that from last night."

"Yea, right." She said sarcastically, "If not that, then what?"
"You really want to know?"
"Hit me with your best shot, Sasuke."
"Fine. You pinned me down and stripped for me, mumbling you didn't want to take guys seriously anymore so maybe we could do it."
"What?! How far did I strip???" She flushed.
"I didn't see anything.. yet. But if you can't control your drinking, I may finally say yes to your question if we could do it."
"...you pervert." Sakura bit her lip. That was impossible! Or was it? After all - this wouldn't be the first time.

"You know what? If I did what you did to me last night, I could be sued for sexual harrassment. Just admit it, you get horny when you're drunk." Sasuke said in his now monotone or probably serious tone, "Given that case, I am going to add in the contract that you are not allowed to drink any alcohol around other men."

"Fine! I don't drink with men anyway..... Well you were the first man besides my ex," Sakura glared and rolled her eyes. Whatever. I don't get horny when drunk. Period.
"What about you???" She hissed.
"What about me?"
"This is a pretend relationship - but what do you think people are gonna say if they see you with your sugar mommy?!"
"For the last time, she is not my sugar mommy. Can you cut that out?"
"Who is she then?"

"I'm glad you asked."