XIII.

•••

After the trip, Sakura got some disapproving looks on her best friends' faces. They were, apparently, waiting to know if the pinkette was able to fake break up with her fake boyfriend after the trip. She had a perfect excuse though, it was a good way out, plus, it was true too. Sasuke gave her a gift she couldn't refuse. A free trip back to her hometown.

Sakura spent the next two more weeks with Sasuke at their apartment. They paid bills together, did laundry together, cook, clean the house and did grocery shopping. Sakura felt a bit proud when Sasuke told her she did a better job than his hired maid and that they would make a good team. Sasuke got used to the grocery shopping that he would always take Sakura's stuff beforehand, like he already memorized the list, especially Sakura's period chocolate cravings. It kinda felt like she was already attached to the setup but she shouldn't, they shouldn't, she tried to convince herself that.

Even after the trip and their crazy 'activities' at their couple room, they chose not to be in the same bed here at home. It was the only thing that's reminding them that all this wasn't real, their setup, their relationship, all fake. If it was real, they should be in the same bed, cuddling and making love as much as they want. But no. Sasuke stayed at the bed and Sakura stayed in the couch. There were no formal conversation about it but they had this mutual understanding that this place is still off limits - because this is all pretend. They had an excuse for the vacation - they were trapped in one room with Sasuke's family on their watch too. They were just trying to 'convince' them, but not here, not anywhere when there is no one to convince.

So before they go for another trip, Sakura promised once again to her friends that she will end her terms with Sasuke. Not as soon as they leave Hachijojima of course, that would be rude.

Sasuke was able to pack his things and brought some chocolates for the two of them while on boarding. Sakura did the same on the night before because she was too excited. Sakura didn't tell her parents she was coming home because she was planning to surprise them.

When they arrived, Sasuke witnessed an average-looking wooden house with spacious yard, and houses were almost a block apart. The farm fields were easily seen, too. Sakura did brief him that her parents are local farmers so of course they live in a nearby field. Her dad does the farm work while her mother does the selling. The pinkette was proud of their work, after all, it helped her throughout her college days. She had to do part time by then to earn additional money since the money her parents were providing was only good for her tuition, but it was a big help.

Sakura climbed to their front porch and tiptoed to reach the hanging plant near the door. This is where their spare key is hidden. The house was empty when they entered but the pinkette didn't seem surprised so Sasuke guessed she knew her parents' schedule.
"Just put your things in my room." Sakura guided the raven through the house. It was small and it was a one storey and studio type house with only sliding doors to separate them all. Sakura's room was small, it was a simple room with only a study desk beside the window and a bunch of anime stickers on her walls.
"Where do you sleep?"
"We sleep on futons, your majesty." Sakura giggled. "Come, help me prepare."

Sakura knows that her parents will be arriving later past 6 for dinner. That's why she had some time to prepare, plus, Sasuke had been handy. He helped set up the table and clean it up. It was small traditional table where everyone sits on the floor to eat. This wasn't unfamiliar to Sasuke but it had been a while since he had last ate at this kind of set up. After the two wrapped up, Sakura heard the sound of her parents' pick up truck. She could hear her parents talking outside.

"Did you forget to turn off the lights again?" Her mother scolded his father, Sakura heard.
"I'm not forgetful as you are!"
"Then why is the lights open, you dummy?"