Xa.

•••

The gathering just started a few minutes after Mikoto had left the two. Sakura was still in awe of the place, in awe of Mikoto and all the rich people around her, but nothing beats her awe for the food! All you can eat buffet, and the food are super delicious too. Not just fancy, but delicious.

Sasuke observed Sakura from afar as she happily strolled through the food tables. A tap on his shoulder stopped him all of a sudden.
"Itachi." Sasuke stood to hug him - he missed him a lot. He had been away for a while because he recently got married to Izumi and they were on their almost-a-month long honeymoon.

The couple sat down together with Sasuke, "I heard from mom," Itachi smiled. "Is it true, though?"
"Yea, I brought her with me." Sasuke grinned.
"We'd love to meet her." Izumi added.

Sakura, after taking what she wanted, strolled back to their table with two full plates on her hand. She kinda regretted it after seeing Sasuke with a handsome guy who looked a lot like him and a beautiful brunette.
"Hi," The handsome guy said as she arrived.
"Hello!" The pinkette tried to silently place her plates down quietly.
"Sakura, this is Itachi, my brother and his wife, Izumi."
"Nice to meet you!" Sakura was blushing. They were quite surprised with her plates.

"My, I would love to have your appetite." Izumi said, almost serious. "I'd love to try one of everything too, but sadly I can only eat as much."

With that, Sakura felt relaxed for the first time in the evening. The couple were great. They told them about their adventures on their honeymoon. They went to a lot of places outside Japan, ate a lot of other countries' street food, went to falls and mountains too! Their stories were so awesome that the pinkette hadn't even noticed that she finished her food. Sakura felt kinda envious though, they were a happy newly wed couple. Something she wished she could be. But right now, it seems so impossible.

The couple took off after a while to meet with the other guests, leaving the two alone again.
"What's wrong?" Sasuke asked. Noticing the sudden change of the pinkette's mood.
"Nothing," Sasuke was unsatisfied. "Come, let's walk. You ate a lot anyway."

Sasuke and Sakura went inside the mansion. It was the best house Sakura had ever been too. But they didn't stay long. Sasuke lead Sakura to the back garden instead. It was peaceful there, and the moon was clear in the sky and shone brightly at them. The raven sat on the wooden bench and loosened the grip on his necktie as he sighed, "So, be honest with me, what's up?"

Sakura sat at the bench with Sasuke. Sighing as well. "I just envy Itachi and Izumi. They're a happy new-wed couple. You may think it's funny but I wanna be married someday too." She bit her lip, "But I don't think it'll happen to me, I mean - I invested a lot with my relationship with Sasori. In a few more years, I'd be 30! I look older! Who'd wanna be with me?"

"I could be with you,"

"What?"

"Well, I never thought of being with someone, let alone marry, so I guess I have some spare time to be with you while you wait for your husband-to-be." Sasuke grinned.
"You're crazy." Sakura laughed. "But I would love that." She blushed.

They were silent for a moment.

"But I would also want you to be happy with someone, Sasuke. You're a great person. The day we met - the first day you moved in beside our apartment, I thought you were bad, but then, you had small talks with me at the balcony, and not to mention offering me a place to stay when I ran away. You may be cold at times, but you have a big heart." Sakura smiled. "I'm sure it would be easy loving you,"