XV.

•••

Sakura decided to postpone her trip to the restaurant to make way for her talk with Sasuke. She did research about the restaurant though, aiming to see if she'll find some pictures of Sasori on their page and site, but there was none. She only discovered that the restaurant was just a few blocks from the building where she's at right now. It was located nearby and also at the same path she crosses everyday. It was a newly opened restaurant that started months ago but she never really paid attention to it.

Sakura asked Tsunade for an early out. Sakura wanted to clean up the apartment before Sasuke comes over. Her blonde supervisor immediately approved it in exchange for her numerous overtime hours.

The pinkette left 2 hours before her end of shift. While she was walking, she started thinking of what to say when Sasuke arrives. What did she want to say anyway? That she wants him to stay? If she did say it, will he? Her thoughts were immediately cut off when she was now a few meters away from SuSea. It had a sushi logo in it and there were already a lot of people inside as seen on its glass walls.

I wonder if Sasori is here?

Sasori...

She doesn't know why, but somehow she was looking forward to meet him. Unplanned, she went near and she was greeted by a lady with brown hair, probably the restaurant's receptionist.

"Good day, ma'am! Table for 1?" She greeted cheerfully.
"I, uh, just want to know if you know someone with the name Sasori?"
"Oh, dear. Uhm yes, he's my co-worker and he told me to tell women who are looking for him that he's busy." She shrugged. "Oh uh, speaking of the devil." The brunette looked past Sakura and the pinkette turned to look as well,

There he was.

Red flaming hair. Round brown eyes. His lips, his nose. Everything was almost the same except he had changed his hairstyle. It was one of the popular fade hairstyles and Sakura didn't expect it would look so hot in Sasori. She swallowed real hard at the mere sight of him, their eyes locked at each other.

"Sakura." He was surprised of her visit. His voice was surprisingly gentle too.
"Sasori.." Sakura was dumbfounded. "I.."

Sasori dragged her farther from the restaurant to talk, he held her arms gently. Sakura noticed. It was different. "How did you know I'm here?"
"I-I didn't."
"Sakura, you are still a bad liar." Sasori smiled.
"Sasori - I just want to get straight to the point. Was it all true?"
"What is?"
"About your father. Everything."

"She came to you, didn't she? That woman."
"She did."
"Sorry, Sakura. It was all true, I kept it all from you... But there's no excuse for what I've done to you. Sakura, I can explain.."

"Why did you have to keep it all from me?"
"Sakura, I know you would've overworked yourself to get the money for all our expenses."
"So you just went out and sell yourself for money?" Sakura was frustrated but sadness fills her.
"This.. This is not a good time and place to talk about it. Please, answer my call and we can talk at a different time. Please." Sakura didn't know why, but she felt sincerity in his words. It's either she was right about it or he was just lying to her again.

"Fine.." Sakura sniffed.
"I'll go on ahead.. I do have a job now. Hope this makes you proud."
Sakura smiled a little, "It does." she says.
In a whim, Sasori pulled her into a kiss. A second-long kiss. Sakura was too weak and surprised to push him before he broke the kiss.
"I miss you." He said before he left her at the street sidewalk and headed inside the restaurant. The receptionist was more shocked than they are.