VII.

•••

So far, the news about Sakura and Sasuke going out hasn't toned down even a tiny bit for the next few weeks. Many women employees are still looking at Sakura with pure disgust on their face, if not, the look of disappointment because Sasuke had to date a girl out of his league, like Sakura for pete's sake!

But that's okay. Sakura couldn't care less. She has gotten used with the rumors already and they could talk all about her all they want.

Besides, it had been almost 3 weeks now since their set up, plus she has something interesting to say to her best friends after some time for realizations and conclusions.

Later at lunch break, the four of them gathered at their usual lunch table and ate their food. Ino was eating her Caesar Salad, Tenten had instant noodles, Hinata was eating her packed onigiri and Sakura was instantly done eating her bento. She couldn't wait to gossip with the girls!!

"It's crazy that you're no longer bothered with what they tell about you, it had gone from bad to worse everday." Ino said, rather proud with Sakura though.
"They were calling you the w-word and the s-word." Hinata blushed. She's cute when she's furious.

"I don't care anymore. I got so used to it. I'm so tired of it, it's almost a month now. " Sakura shook it off, "Anyway, I know the reason why Sasuke hasn't been dating anyone for real!" She silently squealed. The three immediately stopped eating and leaned in closer to hear Sakura's whispers.
"A week ago, he brought me to this new ice cream parlor around the block."
"And?" The three asked in sync.
"And there was this woman. A beautiful old woman. When she came at our table, Sasuke lost his guard and splurted his ice cream as if he was so nervous. He left as soon as he can without another word." Sakura laughed. Apparently, this new discovery had amused her a lot. Who knew that the office heartthrob had a thing for older women?

"How old are we talking about here?" Tenten asked.
"She looks young but I'm guessing she's already at her mid 40s."
"Wow. That's like the age of my mom. D'you think my mom would have a shot with him?" Ino laughed at the thought.
"Maybe he likes Ms. Tsunade." Tenten added.
"Did he tell you he liked her?" Hinata giggled.

"Not really, but why else would he be so nervous?"
"Maybe he knows her?" The brunette wondered.
"I don't know, but I have a feeling he likes her." Sakura said in conclusion.

•••

"Hey," Sasuke said in a soft whisper behind the pinkette's station. It was still a few minutes before lunch time ends. He caught her attention after a few seconds. She was so focused with her paperwork and Sasuke could see the irritated look on the face of Sakura like he just ruined her work mantra.
"What?" Sakura answered with a kind-of mad tone whisper.

"I might be home late tonight," He said.
"Why didn't you just text me?"
"Was I suppose to guess your number?"

Weird. They've been living together for a month now but today's the only day they've exchanged numbers. They didn't feel the need before. Might be because today's the only day Sasuke will be home late. A bit unusual.

Sakura squinted her eyes at his sarcasm. "Fine, give me your phone."

"Here," Sasuke handed his phone to her. He was confused with the look Sakura was giving him.

"This is the latest phone, and probably costs 4 times our paycheck if you haven't had any bills to pay." Sakura was surprised. The pinkette wasn't exactly techie, but Ino was always interested in the latest trends. Her blonde bestie is truly materialistic, and she always wanted the latest phone there is (without affording it) so basically she would know this.

"So?" Sasuke said with a straight face.
"Well, uhm, nothing really." Sakura proceeded with typing her number and gave it to Sasuke before even typing her name. The pinkette noticed Sasuke named the contact to Fatty :P
"Hey, I am not fat!" She protested. "Give me that!"
"This isn't your phone." Sasuke held his phone farther from her reach.
"Give it," Sakura demanded as she tried to reach it from his grasp, leaning to him and eliminating their personal gap.
"No," He was smirking.

"No flirting at work, Sakura. Tch." Tsunade glared before heading back to her office. The pinkette blushed at this and immediately stopped, pouting and glaring. I wasn't flirting!! she wanted to say.

"Okay fine, I'm going to change it," Sasuke said as he typed in defeat.
"Tiger? Why do even you call me that anyway?"
"'Cause you're feisty like one." Sasuke grinned. He stood and bid farewell.

Sakura forgot to ask why he'd be out late, but maybe that was no longer her concern.

•••

Sakura waited a whole 5 minutes waiting for Sasuke after their shift before she realized he mentioned he'd be home late. It's only been a while since they started going home together and she was almost instantly used to it, which she thinks was a bad sign.

Her co-workers bid their farewell on the pinkette before heading out the office. Once Sakura was out and went outside the building, she saw nothing but the oh-so familiar motorcycle owned by none other than her ex.

The redhead was as hot as he could ever be. Sakura missed him ironically. His style, his face, his body, his anything, but she had already decided to shake him off. Still, she remained formal. He was leaning in his motorcycle, like he had been there waiting.
"Sakura," he said gently as she passed through him like he wasn't even there. She felt her knees grow weak at his voice. His oh-so-lovely voice that she admittedly missed.

"Sasori," She said in nonchalance, but didn't stop walking. She knew he wasn't waiting for her.
"I've heard you're dating someone." He said with a dull tone, but Sakura knew him well, and she knows he isn't in the 'mood'. This made her stop on her tracks. Finally, turning around, "Yes. And I heard you are, too. Good for you." Sakura smiled.
"I'm not dating anyone," He said, his eyes furious. "but you are,"
"Sasori, we're done. We broke up, remember? That is none of your business."

"Can we at least talk? Privately?" He breathed. Sakura knew what that would mean. He was always like this. Saying they'd talk but she knows she'll end up under him on the bed.
"There's nothing to talk about, Sasori." Sakura sighed. She was almost in the verge of crying. She wants this conversation to end now, before her voice start to crack and he'd be preying on her vulnerability.
"I won't let you go that easy, Sakura." He said firmly.

Without another word, she turned around and never looked back.