IV.

•••

Sakura had no choice. She had to agree because none of the three had the sympathy to take her home, and her salary won't cover all of her expenses if she was to add rent money on her deductions.

They had a deal though. If this won't work out, or something bad ever happened to her that involved him, she can immediately leave and stay home with either of them. But until then, they were giving this a shot. They told her that the chances of being raped by the office hearthrob was as low as 3% to none. She swatted them for this.

Sakura left after Sasuke did, and also gave her a spare key, in case she gets home first.

In this case, she did get home first.

Still no sign of Sasori at home.

Sakura immediately minded her own business and oddly entered Sasuke's front door. She still wasn't used to it.

She had the place to herself. What was Sasuke thinking, trusting her with his keys and his own place? Wasn't he scared of being robbed or anything? It's not that Sakura would do such a thing, but if he would ought to do this with everybody, he'll be living in the streets.

Sakura had all the time in the world to think and compose of what she was going to say to Sasuke when he gets home. Like, would she be, hey Sasuke I'm just wondering if I could be your pretend-girlfriend haha or be like, I hope you don't mind me living with you for a few months haha

The door suddenly opened and Sakura sat properly - lady like - in response.

Sasuke was home, holding two plastic bags of what seems to be some chinese take out and two large drinks.
"Hey," He greeted. "You're home early."

Home? Sakura blushed at the possibilities.

"Here, I bought chinese take out. I hope you eat chinese food...." It seems like Sasuke hasn't thought of it before actually buying. "..do you?" Sakura thought how cute he is and nodded in response.
"Thanks, but.. you really don't have to.. I mean, I'm just a guest here." The pinkette shrugged, walking towards him. Sasuke only gave her an obvious sarcastic face.
"What?" She asked.

"You're my guest, I thought this would be appropriate." He said in a form of a question. Sakura wasn't sure if she was to answer or not.
"Uhm - well, what if - I'm no longer your guest...?" Uh oh. That came out wrong.

"I mean - urghh -"
"Are you trying to say you want to stay here a little longer?" He asked like the statement was no big deal and kept on unpacking his chinese take out, taking out his chopsticks.
"Well yeah -"
"Okay. I don't mind," He started eating.

Sakura bit her lip, "that's not just it,"
"What else?" Sasuke was hiding a smirk as he took a sip on his large drink. Sakura barely noticed. He was so amused with this woman.

"Well - my ex, he just won't let me go that easily, I know it. He's very possessive so -"

"So you want me to be involved?" Sasuke crossed his arms, not trying to hide his smirk this time.
"Well, not really involved involved. You know.. just.. like uhm,"
"You want me to pretend to be your boyfriend, right? Cliché, Haruno."

Sakura opened her mouth, wanting to say yes but she verbally can't, so she nodded.

"I really don't mind, you know."
"...is that a deal?" Sakura's eyes brighten up. Wow, this might actually work out!
"But," Sasuke cut off, "..what's in it for me?"

Good question.

Good point.

Now what?