i: a long-term mission

"You're not  slipping this time, you skipped too much mission. The boss is going to call you if she see this terrible record" a petite girl holding a piece of paper with a distressed look on her face.

"What.ever." the other girl with hazelnut-brown hair tied up in a ponytail spat back, as she sipped on her cold latte, "Katy, you better not tell Tiffany about my absences."

The shorter girl scrunched up her face, clearly upset. "Don't call me Katy on a daily basis."

"Doesn't matter," Wendy said, as she finished her drink and threw it in the trashcan that was 4 feet away from their desk, "I'll do some mission for you, Yeri. What is it?"

Yeri threw the pack of documents on the table along with some fake IDs and keys. The paper were labelled messily with highlights all over the place. The ID cards have Wendy's face skillfully photoshopped on, and the keys were self-explanatory. The card also has a little paper attached with an address on it. She sighed, all these things look like a long-term mission.

"Aw, what is this? I have to go undercover?" Wendy picked up all the papers and start scanning through them, "Who's the target?"

"Irene Bae." Yeri answered with her eyes closed, "She's a student from the top college in the area, and she's has something going on with her little business."

"I thought Joy would pick up this mission..." Wendy pouted, "Irene..Bae....hm?"

"Seulgi and Joy both ditched their lists and went on another one Sunny unnie got them." Yeri laughed, "Love birds."

Wendy started laughing and chuckling, but she teased Yeri back because the little girl is also in a relationship with Saeron. A few lines were exchanged about the mission, and Wendy wanted to get it out the way as soon as possible, although, long-term missions can't be rushed. She collected the items, and went to receive the house along with her mission-car from her manager. She walked swiftly through the long and chilled hallway lined with carpet, and arrived at her manager's office, Taeyeon's office.

"Look who decide to show up." the dark-haired, skinny girl with a small smirk turned over with a dog on her lap, "Your absences are about to overload."

"Right right, my car and house?" Wendy snarled playfully.

Taeyeon leaned over on her office desk to type for a bare minute, then print something out and handed Wendy a folder full of house documents and the keys. 

"Those are confirmed, good luck."

"Your words only bring bad luck." The girl laughed softly and turned away from the office and took the elevator down to the parking lot. 

The parking lot of the agency was huge, and the cars were lined up perfectly with satisfactory parking. The air here wasn't bad, she doesn't feel nauseous when she walked down there like most of the basement-garage. The only complain would be the loud air purifier blowing 24/7 which she personally finds extremely upsetting and loud. Wendy slipped her hand into her big jacket pockets and pulled out the key, pressed it and wait for a long beep noise. It was a signal from her new-assigned car, and it's not half bad. 

She had a faint smile on her face, as she jammed the door shut and had a grip on the car's cool steering wheel. She calmly drove to the new house, enjoying every moment in her new vehicle, walk in with her personal items contained in her leather bag. She doesn't really need anything, everything is prepared at the house, along with an envelope of money placed on the marble kitchen table. That was how the agency operate, the transition is always handled smoothly with the best place for agents to carry out the mission. She threw her bag on the coach, and pulled out the ID to take a look.

It's a student ID, well, she's still 20, so she's still SHOULD go to college. Too bad she quit school and went to an agency to work and immediately got the job because she's an orphan and no one would give any crap about her education. The ID triggered some memory for her, when she was still in school. With a complex expression, she shoved out the student information paper about Irene Bae.

She's 21, and is in medical field with excellent grades. She didn't join any clubs, but did a lot of volunteering work. Irene had a perfect face, with ink-black, smooth and perfect hair draped neatly on one side of her shoulder. And Wendy glanced back at her schedule, Wendy's and hers were matching in every single class, Yeri organized everything so perfectly. 

"At least this chick is a freaking goddess. Make this less of a pain." Wendy smirked, as she reached for her schedule and look at the courses.

As she was flipping through the classwork, her phone buzzed and rang. It was a call from Seulgi, her best friend, and she took it quick like a flash.

"YOU PICKED A LONG TERM MISSION?! Seungwan ahh?" the voice on the other side of the bear pierced through Wendy's ear.

"I have to go to a fucking college, Kang Seulgi. You worked there once, right? Gimme some idea, I don't even remember school." Wendy begged with her croaked voice.

"You just need to....not fail." the voice chuckled and can't speak clearly, "If you want to approach her, you better have impressive skills. I mean, you're HELLA smart, Son Wendy. You gonna impress her without any effort at all."

Right, she smirked. Surely, no one can refuse her charm, right? She chuckled and giggle, making the other person on the line dumb-founded, but she quickly catch her cool and continue.

"I know, I know my charm." Wendy laid her back on her comfy mattress, "This mission is weird though, they don't give me an objective for IB."

"IB?"

"Irene Bae. They just said 'investigate'. Like you know, no "kill", no "abduct" and stuff. It's vague, I won't even know what to do even if I tracked her down."

"Sooyoung is calling for me, gotta go." Seulgi grabbed her keys and the metallic glasping sound can be heard, "Bye, good luck hamster. You have tons of experience anyways, it won't be hard, I know."

Wendy shut down the phone in disgust of the love couple that always seemed to be with each other, and drove her car to go buy some uniforms. She lazily bought some Chinese takeout, and finished the box of noodles in a matter of minutes on the car. Wendy looked at herself in the mirror, and felt somewhat discouraged but the picture of the pretty girl still lingered in her brain.

Maybe, this mission is not too bad...