xxiii: finale

"Yes, listen, Hyun," Wendy turned herself over, hands resting on her wound and Irene was moving other things out of the way.

"Not until we reach the hospital, I don't want your wound to get worse," Irene replied coldly as she listened to the sound of the bullet striking into the truck's back; not to lie, Irene was slightly scared. She didn't know why she was intimidated at this time, maybe it was because she feared Wendy will pass out in the truck.

The raven-haired girl eyes were shaking despise her cold expression, but Wendy knows Irene is feeling pretty uneasy about what just happened. Her hand finds the way to Irene's hand, and hold it firmly.

"Listen, I'm sorry. Irene, you shouldn't do this dirty business."

"Quiet." Irene snarled but look concerned at Wendy's breathy and crooked voice.

It's wrong to say that Wendy feels accomplished after she stopped Irene from killing the old man, she feels like an asshole to her girlfriend. She knows how important the killing was to Irene, but Wendy is in the agency long enough to see how much a mission like that can break people down.

"I've seen lots of bad things happen, Irene. It just-" she didn't know what to say, it was almost like the words clogged up her brain.

Irene was still facing her back to the brunette, knees up to her face and her arms wrapped around her legs. The whole trunk is still shaking and rocking from side to side, and Wendy can feel the small figure slightly trembles every time the vehicle took a hit from the men.

"You're not...in this business for too long right? Quitting now will help you, so much, I swear.""What about you then?" Irene suddenly murmured, her head buried in her knees.

That's true, what Irene asked was practical. Everyone around her acknowledges her as smart and all, but she owns no certificate of any kind. That nearly mean it's impossible for her to go looking for a job. Working at the agency earns huge money, every little mission she picked up were dangerous and as a result, but the prize was massive.

"If you quit, perhaps I'll quit as well." Wendy stuttered, things still rumble in her brain. She couldn't find a definite answer to Irene's question yet, she would still want to linger on with the agency business.

The brunette's thinking slowly drifted into a mess of random thoughts, as the sound of bullet flickering slowly diminished. It looked like they had safely escaped the chaotic hoard of men and Hyoyeon is already driving to the hospital.

"Hyo-ah, we need to go to our hospital." Irene suddenly stands up and walked to the driver's seat."Aw great, I can do that if your little lover can hold on until then." the blond eyed the weeping girl at the back while passing through several trucks on the high way while yanking the horn furiously."The gun is used, is pretty deadly you know. I don't believe she's your girlfriend until you confirm it yourself."

"I understand, it's-" Irene bit her finger and finally exhaled heavily, "It's fine.""Don't go to the hospital, drop by at my apartment. I have everything I need to stop the bleeding wound." Wendy's rasp voice went up, she was tugging at Irene's shirt to get the latter's