xiv: assistant

It was a Saturday morning when Irene woke up in the fold-up bed at Seohyun's house. She stretched and her friend jolted up at the same time. They laughed at that sight, and Seohyun offered to cook breakfast. The two ended up making a simple kimchi fried rice and seaweed soup, and Irene brought the items to the dining table at the neat living room.

When they were sipping on the tender flavor of the soup, Bogum sends Irene a message. The raven-haired girl noticed it, but she left it on the side because she was talking with Seohyun. After breakfast, they wash the dishes, and Seohyun grabbed cups of water to relax. Seohyun took rest on weekend, too and she was eager Irene visited her.

"Irene." Seohyun smirked, "That message when we were eating...might be from Bogum."

"Sharp. And that's true." Irene scoff, "But that can't interrupt the meal, food is all that matter."

Seohyun chuckled, spilling the water out of her cup and that freaked Irene out. The smaller girl cleaned the puddle of water and smacked her friend to stop laughing so manically. Seohyun wiped her tears and rubbed Irene back.

"You've been waiting long for this mission huh. I can remember when you told me you joined the agency...man" Seohyun began.

"Speaking of which..." Irene glimpsed at the vibrating phone on the table, it's her phone.

Bogum was calling her, and Seohyun smiled as she elbowed Irene. Seohyun knew Irene didn't really like that man, but he's an essential asset to her target that she can't just dispose of. Irene sighed, nodded with her friend and picked up the phone.

"About the assistant deal yesterday, goddess." his flirty, brittle voice came, "I have a trainee, and he can be your assistant. No, he WILL be your assistant."

"What? Do I know him?" Irene was shocked, she didn't even grasp the idea of trainees well in that agency.

"Not quite, his name is Eric N. And because he's a trainee, his last name will remain as N." Bogum adjusts his playful tone after Irene's loud exclaim. He's the boss, but Irene had the superior role somehow.

Irene exhaled violently as if she wanted the other person on the phone to hear it. And she continued.

"Fine."

"Great, it's decided anyways," Bogum added.

It's a redundant statement, he didn't need to say that. It just felt like that was a press that he still had the power to adjust her mission. Irene threw the phone across the couch, and sit down next to Seohyun with an agitated face. Seohyun chuckled with her fruity tone and stroked Irene hair to calm her friend down, as she turned on the TV so they can enjoy some shows.

----

"Al---right, Yoon-do!" a man in a suit yelled excitedly as he walked down to the training basement where another man is huffing heavily with boxing gloves on.

He was Eric, and the suited man was Bogum. Bogum was holding a piece of black metal and an ID, he smiled as he threw the items over to Eric. Eric doesn't have a rough or tough face, but that's mostly why people usually underestimate his monstrous strength. Eric caught the objects cleanly and took one look.

"Okay, the black box is the emergency call you'll occupy since you're our newbie trainee. And-" Bogum pointed to the ID.

"That." his voice suddenly became somewhat gravelly, "Your identity, you should know these procedures already, you're accompanying Irene. Know her?"

"I...saw her once, when she was with another girl down the basement," Eric answered slowly

Bogum patted the other man's shoulder loudly, as he went close to his ear and whispered, "Listen, you better do your duty well. Got it?"

It was a threatening tone, and quite cold as well as chilling. It shook Eric a bit, but he was used to the boss's unusual manner whenever Irene is involved. Knowing that Eric just nodded as he stood still. Bogum straightens his neck as normal with a satisfied smirk, and he adjusts his suit jacket as if they're any wrinkle on there.

"Your agency or mission name is assigned as Eric. And if you fulfill this mission well, we'll boost you from your trainee status and then you can start doing sub-missions with our agent."

Eric's eyes lighted up upon hearing the opportunity, his fingers grasped the plastic ID tightly and he exhaled lightly. He had been waiting for a rare chance like this since it would take forever to elevate from this stupid trainee status. He didn't have a lot of special skills to do the mission or the instinct to get accepted to the agent system. Instead, Eric was kept training, but to no significant status had he been boosted to.

Seeing Eric's contended face, Bogum pulled the man up to his office to explain some acting skills and basic knowledge to do the question. Overall, Bogum recognizes Eric as quite reliable with his strength and good looks, the only thing he can't do is to do basic missions.

When sending Eric with Irene, she will deal with him well. Irene had a mesmerizing brain to resolve problems and no one can deny that from her. Bogum saw the great potential and how responsive Irene was and accepted her into the agent without any additional training.

Bogum ended the little concourse with Eric and send him away to wait till Monday come again.