xvi: envious

A black car arrived at the backtrack field of the school, and the vehicle stopped the engine. Soon enough, a man walked down from the building to the track field at 8 PM with his snapback perfectly fitting his head but couldn't hide the folds of skins on his neck and forehead. He was carrying a small suitcase, and as he opened the door, a rather younger man got out.

They jammed the suitcase into the car, as the young man bowed sincerely to the old principal. The old man smiled devilishly and leaned over to tell the driver something once they got on the luxurious car.

The car quickly drove away, vanishing into the dark streets. Shortly after, there wasn't any sign of the rapidly moving car as the big vehicle blends into the busy street. Chantings and conversations can be heard in the car between the men, constant laugher sparks rough chuckling lights up the car. Cigarettes are in between their wrinkly fingers as the obnoxious smokes took up the car.

----

"Fuck." Wendy rumbled with a straw plucked in her mouth as she watches the new guy sitting next to Irene at recess time.

Not only that will eliminate her time to encounter Irene, but she also gets annoyed by how Irene didn't kick him away just like these other boys flirting with her. The brunette grinned lazily, she wanted to sniff the soothing smell on Irene's clothes.

Irene glanced at Wendy, who is obviously staring at her. She wasn't trying to hide it, her eyes locked on Eric and it streamed with annoyance. It wasn't as far as hatred, but she would wish him to get away from Irene. Wendy suddenly had a smirk on her face as she finished her drink and walk dangly to the "couple" place. The brunette put her forearm on Irene's shoulder and leaned it with a notebook in her hand.

"Unnie ah will you teach me something? I skipped a whole lot you know." the brunette smirked devilishly.

"Don't address me like that, we're not that close." Irene sighed heavily as she softly brushed off Wendy's forearm.

Wendy twitched, she didn't expect that. She thought Irene hated men, she ignored them all the time, and she thought Irene liked her enough to let her call Irene by unnie. She awkwardly smiled as she stood up straight with the notebook flapping around from side to side.

"Joohyun-ssi will you teach me?"

Wendy clearly didn't change her mind, she completely ignored the handsome guy who stood pretty dumbfounded. His expression was strange, as Eric wasn't trained that much for such scenarios. Wendy smirked at the sight, and she stared at Irene's black onyx. The older girl gulped silently, she didn't know how it turned out so serious. She let out a small squeak as she grabbed the notebook from the younger's hand and grab Wendy's wrist before they walk out of the area.

Irene stopped once they entered the sub-hallway which led to the library and study hall rooms, and the black-haired girl pushes a random room's door and glared at Wendy to get the junior in. Wendy gulped in satisfaction and smiled as she walked into the cool room as Irene flicked the light on.

"What now?" she asked.

"..."

"Don't you have something to ask me? I don't have t-" Irene impatiently snapped as she sits down on the chairs which surround the small round table.

"Ah yes!" the small girl clapped in relief as she threw the notebook on the table and pulled out some pens, "The history paper!"

"We majored in Med." Irene cut Wendy abruptly, "Give me a genuine question or else-" she smacked her hand on the table.

Wendy licked her chapped lip as she flipped the notebook to the medical terminology and forensic and start asking a question she learned the day before. Things went accordingly as the brunette predicted, as the 'session' goes on smoothly. When the two girls finally finished with Wendy's somehow organized random questions, the junior playfully pulls out a slice of carrot cake which was in a clear plastic container in her backpack and slid it to her senior.

With caution from the last time, Irene turned to the side and shook her head without touching the container. Wendy scratched her fingers on her palm when she notices Irene's cautious look, as she reached forward and grabbed Irene's hand. The raven-haired girl's eyes widened as Wendy gently moved her hand and placed it on top of the container with a bright smile.

"I made that only for Joohyun-ssi in case you don't know," Wendy removed her hand from Irene's, "Would you be so nice...and try it?"

"You-" Irene was in disarray and can't believe what the smaller girl had done, it happened so fast when Wendy's hand grasped her warm hand and navigate it without her consent. Wendy's palm felt colder, but it was bigger than her hand so the hands fit perfectly.

The brunette chuckled as she saw the cute look of her senior in front of her and placed a fork next to the cake. She dumped the notebook back inside her backpack and swiftly ran out of the room, yelling with a cheerful face,

"Please enjoy it, thank you for the lesson! Joohyun-unnie is the best!"

Irene shook her head as she watched the later busted out of the hallway and into the moving streams of the student.