xxi: confrontation

Irene is not delusional, especially when it comes to her job or what she wants to achieve. The older girl knows how to identify her objective clearly, and she had always been a responsible person that always fulfill her tasks. She heard a loud crack in her chest the night Jisoo sanctioned her doubt about Wendy, but the two went on dating peacefully since no one brings it up. Irene didn't want to ruin the time, but she was sure that Wendy knows who she really is. Irene still enjoyed Wendy's accompany, even though she persuaded herself that the good time will eventually end.

Moreover, it'll probably end tonight.

Irene shoved a stun gun into a small back that that straps across her hip, and she was dressed in very casual clothes that were prepared by Jisoo. To Irene, the happy days that she enjoyed with Wendy was over and she doesn't want to be on the rejected side, so she'll end it herself. Irene walked down the stairs of the agency calmly and glanced at the clock hung on the wall.It's 12:20, midnight hours.

---"She's on the move," Wendy reported over the phone to Seulgi, but her eyes are too focused on the petite figure so much that she practically forgot she was on the phone. Seulgi had to yell at her a few times to knock her out of that state. The brunette is crouching on a rooftop of a high building with binoculars and she's spying on Irene.

Taeyeon had organized a meeting with Wendy, and they both agreed that Wendy can interrupt this mission, get Irene's intention and she can report the case as finished. Wendy was struggling to argue against her boss, but she eventually understands and agreed. She always felt guilty and shame, especially when she sees Irene skipping through empty streets just to get to the school building. Wendy can guess how important the mission is to Irene, and she can feel how much passion Irene has for it.

Well, it only makes her grew more uncomfortable. But Wendy had been fighting in this business long enough to have the gut to do it, and it had been the first time Wendy hesitate on doing a mission. The brunette hopped after Irene, and they ended up at the school office.How predictable.

Wendy sighed heavily, but it was quiet as no one heard her when she stood only meters away from her target. She needs to refrain Irene from doing whatever she wants, and it doesn't sound too bad to her. Irene, now, had all her equipment ready and is eying down the two cars approaching the gate. The older girl raised her hand up to get a signal, and raid of shots from guns came firing down at the car's tires.

Wendy's eyes widened of how vicious Irene was, she didn't expect a rookie to go this far. The brunette ducked behind a large bench and watched as men poured out the car and yelling loudly.

"These people really don't know how to be sneaky," Wendy grunted as she gasped a picture of the shooter hiding on top of the opposite building.

She crawled under the benches with her eyes pressed on the petite figure of Irene, who had been under the car after the men escaped. The older girl was watching the men walking into the building and curses under breath. Irene wondered if the principal was in there too, but that won't really matter anyway.

Irene went up after the men rushed in, and another man lurked out of the dark. It was Eric, who had a snapback on his head and was carrying a load of knives along with a gun. Wendy covered her mouth and tries to calm herself down after seeing how many weapons Eric carries. It won't be a problem, but she hates the hospital too much to end up there.