ii: the phone call

The morning came flashing by Wendy's window, and she whined as the sunlight shined straight into her hazelnut eyes. She snugged up from her blanket, and clean herself up to go to the damn college she hated. It's not hard for her to get up in morning, since she did it for so long already.

The brunette changed into her uniform, and walked down to her car. She opened the door, shoved in her backpack with nothing with a notebook and a couple of pens, and she had the ID dangling around her neck tucked in her collar. 

"IB, IB, IB...." she muttered the name as she turn the wheel, steering the car into the college's parking lot, and parked it cleanly.

Still in the car, Wendy took out the picture of Irene, and study her face extensively. The lines on the girl's face was perfect, and the gentle smile. Why would she be the company's target?

But you can't really trust anyone, this angelic face can be so murderous and harmful to her agency. She took a glance at the digital clock beeping in her car, and she quickly jammed the documents into her car's cabin before walking into the college. She didn't have problem finding her way as she slipped into the class effortlessly while eying everyone to scan for a spot to sit.

As soon as Wendy walked in, all the eyes were on her. Gasping sounds were everywhere, and whispers pumped up the atmosphere. Students were commenting on her look and her cool gaze, and one more reason, she was new student there. A seat was empty in the back row, on top the stairs and Wendy shrugged as she walked up there. She leaned her face on her palm, and she still couldn't spot Irene Bae anywhere.

"Where the hell are you? Better not waste my day here, IB." she grunted lazily, in her mind, she was unconsciously imagining Irene's face.

The bell is two minutes away from ringing, and her target didn't show up. She was disappointed, Irene Bae was suppose to be the top student. And of course, top kids are always expected to show up 30 minutes before anything. That's sounds absurd, but it's what Wendy was told to expect. Suddenly, the males in the classroom cheered up as a small, petite figure peeked into the classroom and cooly walk to her desk without noticing the crazy yells from the boys. 

It was Irene Bae, Wendy noted. 

Her face was perfect, she hummed in her throat.

Where is she going to si-

Her train of random thoughts were cut off as Irene pulled a chair from Wendy's left and sit down while putting her backpack nicely on the table. The raven-haired didn't bat a single glance at her desk mate, she was rather occupied by her notes and books. Wendy's eyes were popping at the scene of the newly assigned target, but she managed to stay cool with a friendly smile, "I'm a new student here, what's your name?"

"Irene, Irene Bae." she smiled, pretty genuine but anyone can see Irene doesn't have the intention to bond at all.

"I'm Wendy Son."

"Great." she said and elegantly title her head, flicking her long-hair slightly.

Wendy had a cut in her thought about this girl, she wasn't feeling it at all. Her tones and expressions are all emotionless, nothing in her face suggest a little welcome in the school. It was already a big signal that this mission isn't easy, it can be quite annoying and uncomforting with such a target like this. The raven-haired girl didn't look at Wendy once during the lecture, and the Canadian is busting her brain to start a conversation without losing her skills or look like an absolute moron. During the lecture, Wendy raised her hands multiple time, impressing the class but not Irene as she just keep on taking notes. 

Needless to say, Wendy was upset. 

At the break, she went to grab a sandwich to snack on since she didn't eat breakfast, as she sit at the outside park inside the college, and eye the girl who's still siting inside with her little books. 

After 15 minutes, Irene stood up and went up the to the highest floor, the rooftop and sit down, pulling her phone out to call someone. Of course that detail didn't miss Wendy's eyes, and she quickly finish her sandwich, but didn't make it obvious. 

"How's your little set up going?"

"The agency invested in the school, true." she speaks in such a small voice that didn't sound raspy like a whisper, but soft like a normal tone.

"Is your planning going fine?"

"Sure."

And she ended the call, while looking up into the light-blue sky with her phone thrown 3-feet away after the call. Irene voluntarily join this company, and she pick up this plan out of pure hatred for the principal, her rejected father. Sound of afternoon wind shuffled through her ears, and it was a humid day on top of the rooftop. 

At the time Wendy managed to furtively reached the rooftop backdoor, Irene already ended the call and was spacing out in her simple white blouse and black jeans. Wendy gushed in annoyance, and swung up to the upper part of the stairs to slide to avoid the footsteps noises. She still stayed relatively close to Irene, but the break ended without any further movement from the small girl.

Irene sure did feel something approaching her, but she shrugged it off. Ever since she start to do this job, she's used to it anyway. When she heard the bell, she went to pick up her phone, and walk slowly back to the lecture hall. Wendy is still laying in the upper part, waiting for Irene to walk to class, then hopped down and check the rooftop for anything. As she expected, there wasn't anything left behind, making her cuss under breath and she lazily laid down on the cool concrete. She's skipping the rest of the day.