xvii: creep

After Wendy had disappeared out of Irene's sight, the brunette immediately sits down on the nearest bench to check out her leg. It wasn't bleeding but it was irritating and had busted red rashes, the wound didn't heal completely as she wishes. The girl grunted in annoyance as she rubbed the bruised area, with her head filled with the images of Irene and the comfortable smell on her clothes.

The image of that guy also bugged her. She didn't like people approaching her target, not only because Irene is beautiful but she low-key hates men. The brunette sprayed some medication on her legs, pulled the leggings down and laid back to think of a plan to tackle the new guy. His behavior is abnormal, Irene's also abnormal to the guy in the way that Wendy disliked.

She've never seen the guy during her years doing such missions, but she always has the backup researching team but they seemed to be lacking in information.

---

Eric walked into the room Irene was in 20 minutes after Wendy left, and he stood next to Irene while she just froze in time. He was her assistant, no more and no less; Eric main purpose was to dispose of anyone who tried to approach Irene and NOT to get in the face of what she wants to do.

Irene was dazed after Wendy left, she was quite charmed by the younger's playful manner and her hand was still placed on the cake. But the girl snapped out of her thought quickly, and slide the cake over to Eric.

Her eyebrows raised slowly, and Irene's pointed to the cake,

"Hungry? My treat," she said as she stood up and straightened her long skirt.

The taller man looked confused, but he pockets the cake as he was hungry. He awkwardly glared at Irene who was still deep in her thought and exhaled when her aura just intensifies every second. It's seriously choking his guts, this is almost too much to take for his first mission.

"Go back to the classroom, and don't make things obvious again. I'm not here to teach you basic stuff, Bogum is." Irene said as she finally moved after what seemed like a thousand years.

"Bae-ssi, what about that brunette? She had been weird toward me...and attracted to you," he added reluctantly.

"What?" Irene jolted when the taller male mentioned about Wendy.

"I-mean..well." Eric was quite shocked when Irene reacted that strong, and honestly thought he said something offensive.

"You don't need to handle her, she doesn't seem to get up your nerves right?" the black onyx glared at the man's eyes.

He gulped and nodded, then turn to return to the class when Irene flicked her head in that direction. The older girl bit her nail as she trying to come up with another plan to attack the principal. The past weeks she had been locking down the principal's activities which were just some mysterious pick up from luxurious cars and grocery visit for cigarettes.

Jisoo had been accompanying her on the principal mission as the two had been checking information on the old man's bodyguard. Getting the bodyguard will help Irene get information about her 'dad' and finish the mission successfully, along with a secure place in the agency.

---

11 PM

Eric carefully crept around the hallway, his face dripping with sweat as he tried to glance over the corner. He's at the floor under the principal's room to get a small bit of information for Irene, and suddenly heard thumping noises of walking so he stopped and slowed down.

His ears ring as the footsteps intensify and the elevator noises started. The men along with the principal were jammed in the spacious metal box, and he couldn't panic more. Eric didn't get training for this, and he ducked under a meeting table which was covered with long cloths. He tried to minimize his breathing noise as he can hear the chatting right off his side.

Eric started to zone out, his loud heartbeat blinds his ears and sight. He couldn't pay attention to the men's conversation until a big cough snapped him out of the trembling state. It was from the principal, and the old men start clearing his throat for such a long time before talking.

"That's it, and starting tomorrow, you idiots better start wiping this building clean of your stupid weapons. It's too obvious already, and make sure there are no signs of SMELL of those powders."

"Yes sir." about six men spoke in unison, not loud but pretty clear.

The group then head to the elevator again after they finish collecting drinks at the floor Eric was on. After he can spot the moving car light moving away, he then crawls out under the table. His hands were shaking, and his lips were slightly pale. The tall guy then quickly ran out of the building and jumped down a small secret hole he busted with Irene's help.

From a distance; at the opposite building with the administration building, a petite figure is sitting on top of the rooftop with a pair of binoculars dangling from her neck. She watches the car thrusting into the darkness and the tall figure lurking from the table inside the table. That draws a faint smirk on her face, as she snugged the binoculars into a small pack on her back.

She was sure Eric wasn't such an ordinary dude, he was helping Irene. And two more thing she confirmed, the principal was their target; the second thing, the principal isn't such a simple target.

"Seungwan?" Seulgi called as she climbed up the rooftop with her best friend.