vi: a strong smell

"Yes?" the elder man, who had his head in a low position and looking at the paperwork laid out neatly on this work table noticed Irene.

He had gray hair and white strands mixed in, folds around his eyes and face in general. He was in a suit, with a tie carelessly tied, put lose around his neck. The principal greeted her with a light smile, and she bowed lightly with her simple genuine smile. She handed him the paper issuing her class, and he told her to sit down in a comfortable chair in the corner.

"I'll just send this to the admission office. You have GREAT records, umm...your name is...?"

"Irene, Bae," she answered politely, her black eyes still sucked into his dull eyes like a predator.

It was a pretty passive-aggressive look, not to lie. He keeps on reading her papers, while she analyzes the room. The room had a distinct smell. It's not a stinky smell, but it's not pleasant and quite strong. His window is fragile, and all the messy, dirty sports jerseys were tucked in a cabinet. His work papers are mostly on his table, with some stacks stored in the cabinet under the main desk. His keys and the personal backpack is hanging on the steel hanger hidden in the corner behind his desk, and he usually leaves the school at around 4:00 PM.

She glanced at her thin, delicate hand-watch and he should be finishing up her fake package already. As expected, the old man made a gesture toward her and she went up to his table. They exchange something that Irene couldn't care less about, and she finished up collecting her files then walk out of the room.

Needless to say, Wendy is lurking in the nearest school-cafe waiting for Irene. When she spots Irene walking out of the elevator, Wendy stood up and brought her coffee along with another one for Irene to sit outside of the glass-covered office on a steel bench. When Irene push opens the glass door, the blond-hazelnut girl was clearly visible, and she flinches her eyebrows slightly.

"Hey, Bae." Wendy blinked when Irene walk past her, "A coffee?"

"I despise coffee," she said, looking at the cup of coffee in Wendy's hand.

Her hands look soft, a weird thought popped up in her mind.

Irene shook her head, both to shrug off Wendy and the dumb idea that just circled her mind.

"That's too bad." Wendy slightly pouts as she placed the coffee down next to her, and glimpsed at Irene as if she's offering a seat.

Irene can read into Wendy's brown eyes, and she knew Wendy want to offer her a seat next to her. The atmosphere was awkward, but only Wendy can really feel it. With a sharp sigh, Irene walked over and sit next to Wendy with her files.

When Irene sit down, the smell from the principal's office was still there. And the strong aurora shucked up the blonde's nose. At that moment, Wendy didn't know what scent was that, but she quickly gains her mutual face and sip her latte.

"You've been skipping, huh?" Irene started.

"As long as I submit all the assignments to the teachers, they're fine. No one gives a fuck anyway," she smirked.

Irene didn't seem disturbed by Wendy's swearing, rather she seemed pretty fine with it. Wendy thought a "goddess" like Irene would've had something against the "uncultured" cussing but the blond smiled childishly as she knew, Irene isn't such a pure goddess.

"Do you want to skip the rest of the day with me?" Wendy implied as she squeezed the remaining of her latte. She looked over at Irene, who didn't touch the coffee at all.

Suddenly, Irene let out a squeaky rustle while turning slightly to look at the other girl's face.

"Sure." she murmured, as she tilted her head back and relaxed her shoulder.

Wendy's eyes widened in shock, and a soft laugh escaped out of her mouth. That expression and sound didn't slip through Irene's caustic eyes, as she turns over and glares the smaller girl a little bit. But in all honesty, Wendy was truly shaking by Irene's respond. The blond girl then chuckled pretty mindlessly and put her arm behind her head to rest on, as she threw the empty cup of coffee away. Wendy's pure reaction triggers some kind of interest in Irene, and the raven-haired girl feels somewhat at peace.

She feels safe, and she felt weird. The girl was childish and playful, but she can get quite smart sometimes, and Irene knows Wendy is a competent girl with all the assignments the smaller girl submitted. It's a while since she felt this way since an old friend of hers left her.

Maybe, Wendy Son is oddly peculiar...