ix: puzzle pieces

"You're the new transfer?" the female receptionist in the blood-red, working uniform asked Wendy as she flipped through the registration book.

Wendy flashed a sneaky, bright smile at her, and the girl fell into such immediate awkward state. She lowered her head, with Wendy playfully smirked at the embarrassed receptionist who was typing her ID number into the computer. The process to go meet an "important" figure here at the top college is truly a redundant and boring process that Wendy couldn't care more about. It's simply a pain in her butt, and the prankster in her start to play with everyone in the office trying to work with her.

She smiled and flirt brightly with the staff, doing stupid but flirty question along the side and occasionally humming in their ears. Again, the administration building is completely see-through, and Wendy's business was all exposed to Irene who just walked by to get her milk from the canteen.

"What the actual...." the raven-haired girl stumbled with a straw from her mouth, looking into the building as Wendy is flirting around with another tall guy.

"She's relentless." Irene thought as she sighed, looking at the cheerful girl cracking up in the formal building.

Wendy was pretty quiet and shy yesterday when they sat together, and when they first met the girl seemed pretty serious too. Seeing the half-blond today didn't shock Irene, but she thought that wouldn't go so far from Wendy's personality. She looked like a prankster anyways.

----

Wendy stepped into the cold elevator with her blazer popping out of place, her white shirt is however nicely ironed and sheath. She shook, with the fake folder in her hand and smiled as the metal box moved. She adjusts her shoulder part and pulled her blazer down neatly when the elevator is approaching the floor.

The metal sides slowly abducted way, and she was presented with carpet-lined hallway and rooms evenly spaced with new doors and polished number boards. Wendy hummed as she walked over at the vice principal's office and turned the knob until a smell struck her nostrils.

A rather familiar smell...

Her hand leaves the knob quickly and stealthily, trying to make it less obvious and turned around to follow the smell. It was from the opposite side of the hallway. The blond walked slowly, as she rubbed her nose bridge as she tried to recall where did she sense the smell.

Her brain ached, and she turned in front of the door, where the smell is the strongest. It was the principal's room. Wendy shrugged her shoulder, and knock, then turned the knob and walked in. The aroma smushed her sense like a rock, and she was quite surprised by such a strong smell. Her head titled up lightly, as she saw the man in the black suit with a white beard greeting in her direction.

As normal, she handed him the folder and sat down. She massaged her temple, then the memory smacked her mind.

Irene Bae.

Yesterday, Irene Bae had the exact same redolence from her clothes.

Wendy touched her nose and sneakily took a deep inhale again. The smell sucked into her nose, and her hand in the pocket was holding a small machine. The machine was a smell collector, and she pressed the active button which made the machine squeaked out a small rustling sound. Out of panic, she started to tap her shoes on the floor to cover up the noise and rest her face on her palm to remind as calm as possible. After half an hour, she left the building after politely regarding the principal.

Wendy then starts to suture the pieces together in her head. Irene Bae sure did visit the principal's room yesterday, the smell was unparalleled. Then that means the principal isn't just a normal guy, she'll have to tell the small Yeri to research more. Wendy frantically realized something and rushed to the bathroom to get the smell off her before Irene saw her or come near to her.

---

"Those two...." the principal rumbled with a cigarette in his mouth, and smokes were tuning out of the sides of his squawked lips.

His hand, adorned with thick silver rings reached into his pants' pocket and pulled out a small flip-phone. Surely out of fashion, but he mangled some button and the camera in his room flashed green. He videotaped the encounter with every student that came into his office.

His wrinkled face looked annoyingly tired, as he inhales another round of nicotine. He felt something going around him, and he was being spied on. This wasn't something that happens a lot, but his instinct told him so. He had been endeavoring in the mafia world, so much that he wouldn't second-guess himself.

He was standing outside the building, at the stone back-field. The principal quickly disposes of his smoking cigarette and turned away to go back to his office.

----

"Wendy??!"

"Yes, what the hell was the emergency call for?!" Wendy huffed heavily as she races out the school with a phone stick to her ear.

"We're on a shortage, you're free?"

"Like I have a fucking choice, Seul." Wendy simpered as she ran to the parking lot and unlocked her car.

"The West Street, at very back corner. We busted the sodden warehouse, on the right entrance, there will be a small opening. We just got that shit to open, when you enter you'll see someone there." Seulgi on the other side is gasping, not as heavy but she had a rush in her voice.

"Give me 3 minutes."

------

Follow my twitter :) and help me get my new fics prepared better w/ more updates

https://twitter.com/haeriserx