xviii: pursue

Wendy and Seulgi hopped on a small car, it's Seulgi's personal car. The taller girl took out her phone and pressed some number, as she handed it to Wendy, she blinked,

"Call Sooyoung for me, it's been a while since we had a good bowl of ramen."

Wendy grabbed the phone with a smile but a heavy sigh, "I don't want to be a third wheel, you know that. I need someone too." she rebelled when she pressed the call button.

"I don't know if a guy will suit you." Seulgi noted as she hummed to Joy's ringtone, "Hey; your target, you said she's a goddess with that meticulous attitude. Sounds like a perf-"

"GI?" Seulgi was interrupted by the familiar voice from the phone, and she starts replying, "Sooyoung-ah, you're free right? I and Wendy are going to the ramen shop near our headquarter!"

Wendy grinned playfully when she heard her best friend's tone turns slightly softer when she's talking with Joy. Seulgi ended the call with some kind of sweet kiss that the brunette couldn't bother to care. As soon as they finish putting Seulgi's phone in her little bag, the car got them to the little ramen shop.

It wasn't crowded, the place was pretty small but decently clean and the atmosphere is warm and comfy. It's around 2 in the morning, and the shop had just opened up with the aromatic smell of the soup. The ash-haired girl smudged her flat stomach as it growls, and she complained to her friend,

"Gosh, I don't know if I can wait for Sooyoung."

They sat themselves down at a small four people table, and Seulgi ordered for Joy as she knew her girlfriend pretty well. 10 minutes later, Joy arrived along with the tray of steaming noodles. Wendy couldn't care less about the couple, the late-night mission sucked out her energy and she desperately needs the tasty food. The brunette slurped her way through the warm bowl, and the couple quickly finishes their food pretty quick too.

Joy snickered quietly as she wiped Seulgi's lips when she realized how messy it is. Wendy tilted her head up when she heard the soft laughter, and she was great with the two love-birds. Seulgi noticed her best friend reaction and shot out a smirk,

"Sooyoung, did you see her target? She's flirting with her." Seulgi elbowed the girl next to her and pull up a picture of Irene Wendy send her days ago and give it to Joy.

The taller girl squeaked in amazement and glanced at Wendy, "No wonder you were so caught up in her eyes last time!"

Wendy smacked her head and snatched Seulgi phone away while shaking at Joy. Her face was flustered when the topic kept bringing up. Wendy screeched at the giggling girls, and the taller girl gets a serious face just to interrogate the brunette about her weird feelings.

"So a guy approached her and you get jealous all the sudden? Ah, don't deny your feelings. I mean..." Joy cackled as she reached for a glass of cold water.

"Because he's getting in my WAY!" Wendy rebelled and wiggled her head in disbelief.

She proceeds to slam her palms on the poor table which made the couple startled. Wendy raised her voice pretty suddenly, and it was lucky that they're in an empty restaurant.

"He's a weakling for God's sake, you saw that too you silly bear! That guy can't do any shit when he saw the man behind Irene's whole mission, he can only hide under the damn meeting table!" she cleared her throat again.

"Might as well go confess to her, it's not against the agency or anything." Joy sipped a gulp of cool water, "Unnie, like...she's not bad or good, so it's practically normal for you to date her and start a relationship."

"What?" the brunette's face lighten up, "I'm serious Park Sooyoung-"

"Aw, unnie how come you don't know that?" Joy had a wide grin as she teased the red-faced Wendy, "I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I heard that your target is somewhere in the middle, you just need to do whatever to her for the mission then just date! How simple!" the youngest girl clapped in excitement.

Wendy looked over at Seulgi for help when she saw how abnormally excited Joy was, but the bear only gave her a slight head shake. Joy didn't stop giggling like a little baby, she pulled up pictures of Irene and complimented on how good Wendy would look with Irene. The only words that escaped Wendy's mouth were a phrase like 'shut up' and eventually she goes along with Joy and somehow turns the whole conversation into an appreciation of Irene's beauty session.

The brunette grunts loudly when she realized it's already 5 PM and people had started pilling into the restaurant, which means they have to leave. And Wendy, have to go to the damn school again. Her best friend sighed childishly at that sight, and patted on her shoulder,

"Seungwan ah, don't you think it's time for a relationship?"

"Seriously, you and Sooyoung see through that so quick." she laughed as she runs her fingers through her messy hair, "I will, today. For the mission too."

"Ha, good luck-"

"Don't use the mission as an excuse UNNIE!" yelled Sooyoung as she started the car, making the older girls broke into laughter when they jumped on the car.

The couple dropped Wendy off 1 kilometer away from the school, and the brunette said goodbye to the two as they encouraged her on about the confession. Wendy took deep breaths as she mumbled random words and walked into the lecture room, spotting Irene right away. Wendy smoothly slides next to Irene, which was her usual seat. The younger girl then took out another bar of chocolate Joy snuggled in her backpack and slide it over to Irene with a small note attached.

Irene's eyes averted to the note, she picked it up and quickly scan the words on there. The latter face lighted up with a soft smile, but it was quickly hidden as she turned to the side. Wendy was perplexed, but the brunette is confident in her chance of getting into Irene's heart. Irene started to tear away the chocolate and broke off half of it to offer to Wendy. The younger's face brightened up as she smiled brightly and received the sweet, biting away while shuffling out her notes.

Irene smiled at the sight of Wendy's smiling at herself as she wipes the remaining chocolate off her hand, and carefully give Wendy a piece too. When they finish throwing the wrapper away, the teacher arrived so Wendy couldn't do anything else. Or really, she didn't need to.

"Will you give me a shot?" written with a small smiling face figure on the note.