Part 38

Slow updates boi is in the house

(Y/n) POV

We all sat around the table, the whole peerage, Sirzechs, and even Venelana, Rias' mother and her father Zeoticus. I picked at the food occasionally but I wasn't that hungry, I still had the bottle of alcohol that Azazel gave me hidden in my jacket. I sat across from Rossweisse as she talked about how she wants to open up a school in the underworld, I was picking at my food as the rest of them chatted about stuff and things, things'n stuff. "(Y/n)" I heard my name being called "Yeah?" "Sairaorg is visiting today and he requested to speak with you, if it isn't to much trouble" Sirzech's said and I shrugged "Sure, I don't got anything going on today, unless I have any summons?" I asked looking at Rias "No, you haven't got any today" "Excellent, I'll let him know" Sirzech's said as he waved a maid over. I mostly sat in silence for the rest of the meal occasionally answering questions and when it came time to go get Sairaorg it was me, Rias and Sirzech's "Been awhile Black dragon" he said when we found him near a courtyard "Mhm" and we gave each other a fist bump "So I've been told you wanted to talk with me? Let me guess, something about the rating game coming up" I said and he chuckled "Something like that, you see, ever since I heard about you combining both Black and Red dragon's powers I've wanted to see it in action, so would you do me the honor of a one on one spar?" he held his hand out, I could immediately see Sirzech's eyes very quickly look down at my chest but he equally as quickly returned to normal. I gave a soft glare and he let out a breath "I accept" I said shaking his hand.

A short while later

Me and Sairaorg stood opposite each other in a small arena "Man this is gonna be awesome" Issei said sitting with the others up on the second level behind me, I summoned my dragon's hand and I felt someone hold my shoulder "Be careful" Rias said as I gave her a reassuring smile "Don't worry, I got this" I stepped out into the ring and entered my normal balance breaker and Sairaorg chuckled "I came for the red and Black, not just one" and I got into a fighting stance "Why? Scared that I might beat you with just one?" "Hardly" he said getting into his own stance "Both of you, there is to be no killing, this is just a spar so try not to destroy everything, first to give in is the loser" Sirzech's said standing off to the side, me and Sairaorg both stood silently staring each other down "You may begin"

3rd POV

The match started and neither moved apart from slowly getting closer to each other "Why aren't they fighting?" Issei said and Koneko flicked his ear "They're sizing each other up, you can't tell but each movement they make is specifically for not giving their opponent any measure of their own strength, they're also very steadily increasing their power to match each other" and Issei looked down as the two ever now arm's length away from each other. Their forearms hit each other and red sparks came form the contact point, the two remained locked in a staring contest the pressure slowly growing in intensity. (Y/n) threw right hook but Sairaorg blocked it trying to knee (Y/n) but he also blocked it. The two then jumped back form one another and changed their stances "Why'd they do that?" Issei asked Koneko as the others also listened in to what the nekomata had to say "Form just those blows they both know how strong the other is, now their changing their styles to counter, (Y/n) has the edge in maneuverability with his wings and Sairaorg knows that, that's why he's in a more defensive stance" (Y/n) grew his wings and Sairaorg narrowed his eyes. (Y/n) flew at Sairaorg winding up for a punch but faked out for a roundhouse kick instead which Sairaorg ducked under it throwing a punch up at (Y/n)'s chest. (Y/n) moved out of the way planting his foot on Sairaorg's face letting him flip backwards and deliver a punch right to his gut. Sairaorg moved back slightly and gave a swift uppercut to (Y/n)'s chest knocking him back and the dragon did several flips back and stopped ten feet away with Sairaorg rushing him. (Y/n) blocked several punches  pushing the dragon back nearly ringing him out but in the gap between attacks (Y/n) went up using his wings nailing Sairaorg in the chin with his knee and kicking his back. Sairaorg quickly recovered form the attack and now was put on the defensive, (Y/n) tried to sweep his legs but Sairaorg caught his leg spinning him and throwing him to the other side of the ring. The two now stood up looking right at each other with both neutral expressions and Sairaorg broke the silence "I said two dragons, not one, stop holding back and give me a proper challenge" and (Y/n) held up his right arm "With pleasure" the gen in his hand glowed bright red and the red stripes came onto his body with his eye changing to green "Wow, so that's the combined dragon's power? I'm impressed" Sairaorg said as (Y/n)'s body was now covered in black and red energy "That's what he used to beat Loki" Xenovia said as the rest of the peerage looked at their friend "Incredible, it feels like nothing else" Akeno said as the aura around (Y/n) dissipated. (Y/n) flew at Sairaorg twice as fast as before landing a hard punch right to his gut making him cough up blood "Now that's what I'm talking about" Sairaorg said as he wiped some blood off his lip "Now we can get serious" Sairaorg said as he got into a boxer's stance and (Y/n) also did the same. The two started throwing attacks faster than before with much greater power behind each one "I can't even see them" Kiba said lookign closer seeing nothing but a blur "they're not just throwing random hits, each one is carefully picked out, like a normal person can't tell that much difference between a professional boxer's style versus an ammeter, only someone with the training can tell how much work someone has put in watching them fight. Besides, (Y/n)'s losing, look at his armor" they all looked and saw dozens of cracks and breaks in his armor but that didn't seem to even faze him or slow him down at all. the two then stopped and put their arms back down to their sides. They stayed silent for a second until they shook hands "Good fight" Sairaorg said and (Y/n) nodded "To you as well" and he exited his balance breaker "You win" (y/n) said and Sairaorg laughed "If that's you not fighting with the intent to kill, I'd hate to get on your bad side" "Yeah same, I'll be right back, gotta go use the bathroom" (Y/n) said as Sairaorg approached Rias "He is by far one of the strongest opponents I've ever had the pleasure of facing, our rating game will go down in history if that is what the rest of your peerage is like" 

(Y/n) POV

I fell to the ground holding my chest "Fuck......." I could barely talk with the amount of pain I'm in, it felt like I was being stabbed by Excalibur itself. I grabbed my bottle of pills and downed one and slowly the pain went away. I leaned back against the wall sweating and breathing heavily, I stood up and removed my shirt as the mark with bigger now "(Y/n)" I heard someone start to open the door "Wait!" I said but it was to late, it was Venelana, Rias' mother "I came to chekc on yo-..........oh my..." she looked down at my mark and she started walking towards me "What is that?" she asked as she lightly touched it making me flinch in pain "It's nothing, don't worry about it" I said but she grabbed my shoulders "Young man, when you go into the bathroom for 10 minutes and I find you sweating and out of breath with a giant black mark on your chest I will not not worry about it, as far as I am concerned you have served our house dutifully since your first day and you are apart of our family, as well as hopefully my future son in law, now, tell me what that is" she said demanding ".......I don't now, it showed up shortly after my fight with Loki, me, Sirzech's, and Grayfia think it's because of fusing the two dragon's powers together and it's slowly eating my soul, I also told Azazel to look into it-" and Venelana pulled me into a tight hug "why didn't you say anything, if we had known then we wouldn't have let you fight using that form, I'll have the rating game called off until-" and I stopped her "Don't, just please don't, I don't want to make everyone so concerned about my health that they feel responsible for not being able to help against Loki, besides I can't put them through that kind of pain again, I'm not sure any of them could take it again" Venelana looked down and lightly kissed my forehead "I promise I will do everything in my power to rid you of this illness, this I swear" "Thank you, please don't tell, that's the only thing I ask" and she sighed " I will only tell my husband and anyone we ask and make sure they are sworn to secrecy" "Thank you, excuse me" I said and we walked out together.