Part 40

(Y/n) POV

"(Y/n)" a voice said breaking my concentration "Yeah?" I said seeing Irina poking her head into my room "Me, Xenovia, Asia, and Issei were going up to one of the temples, want to come with?" "Sure" I said getting up and following her. We started walking around the shops and looking at the various little souvenirs they had "Oh this one's cute" Asia said picking up a little thing. Motohama was being his usual self and taking pictures of the girls but being not so much berated by Aika complaining that she didn't get any pictures taken of her. I started looking around the other shops at the different things they sold, most of it was tourist stuff but some of it was quite interesting. I found a statue of one of the nine tailed fox spirits "You like it?" the owner said "Kind of" it was yellow with red tips on their tails "This one is said to bring good luck, especially in terms with the ladies" he said and I let out a sigh "I need all the help I can get......" I said under my breath and we continued our sight seeing. we all found ourselves at one of the many temples around Kyoto with a large statue of a fox spirit out front "Normally these statues keep demons away but we should be fine" Xenovia held out a slip of paper. I was looking around when I saw a gap in one of the gates "Hmmm" "Come on you guys, hurry up!" "But make sure not to get into the camera!" me, Issei and Xenovia walked a bit faster to catch up with the others. As we walked through the Thousand Gates I was hanging back a bit 'Ul-rah, Ul-Rah, who could you be?' I though to myself "What's on your mind?" Irina said slowing her pace to match mine "Oh, nothing" I said and she didn't buy it "Oh come on, I know a liar when I see one" Irina got a bit closer so we were practically touching each other "Nothing you should worry your pretty little head about" and I rubbed the top of her head making her blush "Stop...." she lightly pushed my hand away. Eventually we got to the middle of the steps and much closer to the temple. it was at this point I could hear something in the brush, twigs breaking and leaves being rustled "Sorry, I'm gonna go ahead" Issei said as he ran off "I'll follow him" I said going to catch him. We stopped at the top and he was catching his breath "You can hear them too right?" "Yeah, any idea who they are?" I shook my head "No idea, but we should be ready for a fight" "yeah, but first" and Issei went over to the temple to pray "I hope to be harem king" "You are just the worst" I said standing next to him "You two are not from Kyoto" a female voice said and low and behold, we were surrounded by guys wearing masks "Oh just great" I said as we saw a smaller figure jump on top of the temple "Outsiders, how dare you come here, I will have you return my mother!". It was a young girl, she had orange hair and bright yellow eyes while wearing a typical red and white kimono, her most striking features were her fox ears and tails all fo which were the same color as her hair.

"Huh?" Issei said while the both of us were confused "What, we have no idea what your talking about" I said and Issei nodded in agreement "Yeah we've never met your mother" "Liars! Your deception cannot get through my eyes" and she signaled for so...

"Huh?" Issei said while the both of us were confused "What, we have no idea what your talking about" I said and Issei nodded in agreement "Yeah we've never met your mother" "Liars! Your deception cannot get through my eyes" and she signaled for some bird people to start attacking us. Issei dodged one while the masked guys charged me. I caught ones weapon and pushed him away and ducked under another who swung his club at me "Run away" I said as both me and Issei ran around the corner "We can't do this in the open" "We should go into the trees" Issei said as I jumped over the wall and he used one of the masked guys to jump into the forest. We ran down the hill as to more bird men were chasing us. Issei did a kick flip to avoid one's staff and I somersaulted under another. One of the masked guys ran at Issei with his weapon back but was blocked just in time "Are you two okay?" Xenovia asked as she had a stick and Irina had a light sword "They're youkai" I said as both me and Issei summoned our gear. I got into a defensive stance as two came at me "Let's try our best not to cause any serious damage" I said chopping one in the back of the neck knockign him out as Issei knocked another down. the kitsune looked down at us while her minions were around her "R-Retreat, you evil existences, I will make you give back my mother!" she said as they disappeared in a vortex "What was that about?" I asked as no one else had an idea.

Later that evening

"Why were you guys attacked?" Azazel asked as we just finished up our report to both him and Rossweisse "Your guess is as good as mine about that" I said as he held his chin "Should we tell president?" Issei asked Azazel "We still don't know the reason for the attack, I'll take care of it, you two can just go can just go back to your rooms till dinner is ready" he said as we both left. While we were walking up the stairs to our rooms I could sense something....something perverted "Issei" I said stopping "If  your going to attempt to spy on the girls bathing and hurt Rossweisse's feelings like you did last time" and I looked over my shoulder at him "Not even Asia will fix what i do to you" and he saluted while becoming as stiff as a board "Excellent"