Chapter 9

Camila's been sat on the couch for ten minutes now. Waiting. Thinking. She wasn't really sure on how long in would take for Lauren to get home as bringing her attention away from the floor wasn't something she was sure she could do right now, but she hopes it would be soon as holding this part of her back was beginning to get difficult.

She was used to napping as soon as she got home to avoid this from happening, but as Lauren had asked her to stay awake, that wasn't exactly possible.

She didn't want to disappoint the woman.

Shifting in place, she closes her eyes and lets her mind drift. She thinks about the book she had read last night. The way Lauren had held her after her bath. Sung to her before carrying her up to bed.

She knows if she thinks of this instead of her current situation then she had a better chance of holding it back until the time was right.

"Camila?"

Eyes whipping open, Camila was quick to get up off the couch and hurry into the hallway. Before either could blink she was crashing into the older Cubans body, and it was then she let herself finally relax.

Manoeuvring out of the coat she had managed to get half off before Camila had crashed into her arms, Lauren hangs it up on the small hook, her bag following. With no words, her arms were underneath her butt and lifting her up into her arms.

"Good girl for doing as you were told" Lauren praises as she walks, placing herself down onto the couch with the younger girl on her lap. From the way her head was buried into her neck, she could feel the soft blush appear on Camila's cheeks at her words.

Smiling, she gently eases her away from her upper body so she was sat up on her lap.

"How are you feeling right now?" She asks, lifting a hand to brush away the hair hanging in her face.

Camila swallows heavily, unsure on whether or not she should admit how little she felt right now. It wasn't that she didn't trust Lauren, it was the fact that she hadn't slipped in over a few months so despite having a lot of experience with this part of her, it was like it had all been forgotten. Thrown to the back of her mind.

"Baby?"

Whipping her head up, Camila's eyes fill with tears.

Lauren shifts in place herself, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "are you little right now? Or do you need some help getting into that mindset?" She asks, looping her arms around her waist.

Camila shrugs and simply falls forward until she was once again laying chest to chest with the woman. She buries her head into her neck, her hands coming up to grip the blazer she was currently wearing.

Not knowing what else to do, Lauren begins to gently bounce her whilst humming underneath her breath. She was quite unfamiliar with this part of the society, the Littles and caregivers, so she knew once she had put Camila to bed she was going to have to do a bit of research.

Sure, she should have probably done it before but in her defence, Camila refused to never once leave her side.

When she begins to bounce, Camila feels something inside of her click. Literally. No longer was she worrying about anything that had been on her mind all day, all she was worrying about was where her blanket and toys were. Did she remember to bring them to Lauren's?

On no. What if she had left them at home? What if her stuffies were sad being all by themselves?

Pushing against the woman's chest, she comes face to face with a surprised looking Lauren looking like she had a million questions to ask.

"I need my stuffies" she mumbles as she looks down, suddenly growing nervous. She spots a necklace hanging round the woman's neck and so she didn't fumble with anything or so her hands didn't start trembling, she starts to play with it.

Sensing this was no longer big Camila, Lauren bites back the scold on her tongue and instead softly smiles, "you do huh? And where are they?" She asks.

Camila glances up shyly, her cheeks red, "home" she replies, her voice a whisper.

Leaning forward to press a kiss to the young girls head, Lauren rises to her feet, setting Camila down onto the floor, "well why don't we go get them?" She offers, walking to the door to once again grab her car keys.

She looks behind her when she didn't hear footsteps follow, she she bites back a chuckle when she see's Camila in the very place she had been left in. But this time, her arms were in the air almost as if she was expecting to be carried.

"You want me to carry you?" Lauren asks with a chuckle as she pockets her keys and makes her way over to the young girl.

Camila nods, making eager grabby hands towards her.

Shaking her head playfully, Lauren comes to a stop just a few feet in front of her. The girl looks on confused for a few seconds, unsure as to why she hadn't been immediately lifted, but when she see's the woman cup her ear expectedly, she speaks.

"Pleaseeee" She makes sure to drag the word out.

"Thank you for using your manners little one" Lauren praises as she wraps her arms around the small girl, one underneath her butt and the other round her lower back before standing upright again.

Camila takes this as a hint and adjusts herself until she was situated, her legs locking around her waist and her feet hooking together on her lower back. When she feels both of the woman's arms underneath her butt giving her support, she allows herself to relax slightly as she leans against her, her head buried into her neck.

"Alright sweetheart, lets go rescue your toys"

She smiles at that.

**

You'll get to see more of little Camila in the next chapter. I just wanted to introduce her in this one and not rush into anything.

Anyway, tell me what you think!

Next chapter: 200 votes