Chapter 17

At the slamming of the door Lauren was immediately up and on her feet.

Not knowing whether Camila or whoever it was had stormed out or in, she waits a good second refraining from moving an inch. But when the doorway of the kitchen remains empty , she knows it to be the former and quickly rushes towards the front of her house to see if she could catch them before they disappeared.

She pulls open the door with no hesitation whatsoever, and when she see's the state Camila was in; sobbing heavily and covered in her own vomit, her heart begins to hammer heavily in her chest as she quickly rushes towards her.

"What's wrong Camila?" She asks alarmed, grasping the girl by the underarms sad pulling her up properly onto her feet.

Much to her surprise she was met with no coherent response, not even a look that told her Camila knew she was here. Frowning even more, she moves both hands to either side of her arms and moves her round to face her, "talk to me Camila. What's happened? Has Dinah upset you?" She pushes, giving her a tiny shake.

Still no answer. Instead, Camila stares blankly into space with absolutely no emotion on her face. It was like she was unaware she was being spoken to when in fact it was the complete opposite. The small girl understood everything that was being spoke to her just fine. She was just ignoring it, blocking everything out for the simple fact she knew if she let Lauren break her walks down again she'd forgive her with no question.

And she was determined she wasn't going to let that happen again anytime soon. She wasn't going to let anyone else break her.

"Okay...okay, lets go inside, c'mon" Lauren worries her bottom lip between her teeth as guides Camila's small frame over to the front door, aiding her a little up the few steps.

Once they were both inside and she had closed the front door behind them, she unzips the girls jacket and tugs it off her small frame before tossing it onto the floor with the intention of washing it later. Her sneakers follow, and once she had put them on the small shoe rack that was sat a few feet away from the front door, she takes her by the hand and leads her through to the living room.

"Speak to be baby. Tell me what's wrong" she feels herself almost pleading as she takes Camila by the waist and eases her back onto the couch, her own hands visibly trembling.

When Camila remains silent, she lets out small sigh of dismay and places her head heavily in her hands. For one of the first times in her life she felt completely stuck. She didn't know how to make the current situation better, she didn't know how to get to the bottom of what was wrong, something she had learned/been taught to do when she had first been assigned her classification nearly seven years ago.

Normally, she could read whoever was upset by their body language. She'd then sit them down and talk to them, sooth them and then they'd move on and forget it ever happened.

Why was it so different with Camila?

She allows herself to remain in this position for a few seconds, but when she comes to the realisation she needs to get to the bottom of this, she adjusts herself so she was sat upright with her hands clasped together on her lap.

There, she analyses the small girl. The way she was sitting, her back straight and legs together. The way her eyes were meeting everything but her own.

At this, a part of her wanted to bring the Dom in her out. She wants to raise her voice, be stern with her, two actions she knew the girl didn't like, but would get her to comply with what she wants her to do.

But despite how much she tries to convince herself that it was okay to be stern, she couldn't bring herself to do that with just how vulnerable this whole situation was.

After running a hand through her unruly, messy head of hair, she was manoeuvring herself onto her knees and shifting herself towards the quiet, unmoving girl. She takes her much smaller hands in her own for a second, trailing the pads of her thumbs over the soft skin wanting to see just how much physical affection she'd allow.

When she shows no signs of being uncomfortable and remains in the position she'd been sat in for over ten minutes now, it was enough to let Lauren know that it was okay to grasp her my the waist and lift her to her lap.

What happens next confuses her. Instead of pushing her away, she was almost...melting into her touch. Her hands cling to the back of her shirt and the thighs that were sat either side her hips tighten.

Thankful, yet also a little concerned, she tightens her own grip around her, "it's okay baby, just let it all out good girl" she whispers, bringing a hand up rest on the back of the now softly crying girls head.

Camila knows she should have remained blank. She knew she should have pushed Lauren away the minute she had touched her. But despite her heart being broken after the news she had heard from her lips not too long ago, pushing away one of the only people she had in her life just wasn't something she could force herself to do.

So instead, she cries. She cries because she knows the minute she told Lauren she had eavesdropped on her conversation she'd be punished. She cries because she doesn't know where her relationship with the Dom stood right now and she cries because once again, she had been completely rejected.

Sure she hadn't said anything about them being together some time in the future, but that was enough for her to realise her feelings weren't reciprocated.

Lauren tears up herself at the heartbreaking cries that fill her ears, and with a tiny shift she was now sat cross legged, the small girl sat in the dip between her legs. This position allows her to sooth her properly. It allows her to hold her as close as she possibly could whilst slowly rocking her back and forth.

But it definitely wasn't enough to find out just what got her upset in her place.

**

Good old oblivious Lauren, gotta love her 😂

Tell me what you think!

Next chapter: 200 votes

Stay strong and take care of yourselves ❤️