Chapter 15

"Mama, sleep with you" a teary Camila begs as she watches the woman get her bed ready for the night, the decorative pillows getting thrown to the floor and the extra blankets pulled up to sit with the main one.

Lauren glances back with a small sigh before she perches down on the edge of the mattress, "not tonight baby, mama has things to do in her office" she sympathetically murmurs before patting the pillow next to her, "come on, in you get"

Camila's bottom lip immediately starts to quiver at the rejection, but she complies with the Dom's words and hesitantly climbs into bed.

"I know you don't like it baby, but you'll be okay. I'm only down the hall if you need anything" the green eyed woman reassures, pulling up the blankets around the small girls body.

"Even a cuddle?" A tear falls down the small brunettes cheek.

For some reason, Lauren's throat tightness at her words. Was she really that scared that she'd be told to go away the minute she asked for comfort? Letting out a small sigh, she leans forward and slides her arms underneath her small frame before easing her up into a sitting position.

There, she pulls her close to her chest, on arm resting on the middle of the back and the other coming up to cup the back of her head, "of course you can. But also make sure you come to me if you've wet your diaper too okay? I don't want to getting a rash" she presses a lingering kiss to her head.

Although those words cause a soft blush to appear on the smaller girls cheeks, she nods in reply and tightens her arms around her mama's waist. She just wanted to freeze this moment so she could be held in her soothing embrace forever.

"Alright baby, time for bed now" Lauren squeezes her small frame close for a second longer before easing her away, watching as, like she good girl she was, lays back down without so much of a whine.

After retucking her in, she smiles and leans down to press a gentle peck to her lips, "goodnight baby, sweet dreams" she whispers.

Camila smiles shyly, silently thanking the dim lighting of the room for hiding the soft blush that had appeared on her cheeks at the action. Making sure she had her blanket and stuffy close, she curls up on her side and lets out a content sigh. A hand softly rests on the back of her head for a second before it disappears, and just a second later, she hears barely there footsteps slowly make their way out of the room.

As soon as she was sure her mama was gone, she was kicking off the covers and sitting up in bed. She looks around the room tentatively for a second, wanting to make sure it really was safe, and once she was sure it was, she slides carefully out of bed, her feet making a soft thud on the carpeted floor.

Her heart hammers when she thinks she hears footsteps, but when nothing appears and everything remains silent, she ever so carefully walks over to the small selection of toys in the corner of the room and kneels down in front of them.

It was then she smiles successfully, happy she had made it to her toys without mama knowing.

But unbeknownst to Camila, Lauren had been stood in the doorway amusedly with her arms crossed over her chest for about five minutes now, and she had seen her entire escape mission.

A part of her wanted to be mad for not complying with her instructions, but for some reason, she couldn't find it in her. Sure Camila had defied her, but she had to think rationally because this was the little version of the girl. Even she knew she couldn't get mad at her for simply wanting to play.

Letting out a soft sigh, she pushes open the door and takes a single step forward before speaking, "Camila...? What do you think you're doing?" She keeps her voice level.

The small girls head whips round at her words, and scared she was in trouble, her bottom lip immediately starts to quiver in fear.

"Hey, mama's not mad. But it's time for bed, okay? I don't want to have to tell you again" She walks over to the girl and crouches before her before holding out her arms.

Camila complies and hesitantly leans forward, causing Lauren to smile as she easily lifts her onto her feet and into her arms.

Camila wraps her legs tightly around the woman's waist as her arms cling to her neck, "cuddle mama" she almost begs with tears in her eyes, prepared to burst out into tears the second she was told no.

Lauren sighs, "only for a few minutes" she reluctantly replies, sitting herself down onto the edge of the bed. She feels Camila's body go limp in her arms almost immediately, and she comes to the conclusion that all the small girl ever wanted was to he held.

*

"I'm bored" a whiney Camila mumbles as she drops down onto the couch, her gaze anywhere but on Lauren who was curled up next to her with her laptop on her lap.

Lauren looks up from her computer with a raised eyebrow, "and what do you want me to do about it love?" Her voice held a serious undertone, and it told Camila she should probably address her properly next time if she wanted to stay out of trouble.

The small girl shifts in place as she plays absentmindedly with the two bracelets sat on her small wrist, "I don't know ma'am." Her voice suddenly slips into a small whisper.

The Dom briefly rubs a hand over her face before closing her laptop and placing it over onto the coffee table, well aware that with a whiney Camila in the room, she wasn't even going to come close to getting any work done.

"Why don't you nap?" She suggests, shifting in place slightly so she was sat with her back to the arm of the couch, the blanket that was once covering her whole body falling to her lap.

Camila shakes her head as she sends the woman a shy glance. She didn't want to nap right now. Not when she knew she'd be made to sleep on her own.

Lauren sighs heavily, "then I don't know what to suggest sweetheart." She states, biting her bottom lip regretfully when she see's Camila's small frame slump defeatedly at her words.

"Why don't you give Dinah a call?" She gestures to the phone that was placed on the coffee table next to them. Even though she still held a grudge over the Dom for causing Camila to defy her, she knew she couldn't keep them apart for the simple fact before her, Dinah was all she had.

The sub shakes her head.

Lauren's eyebrows raise again, but this time, it wasn't because she was she was curious as to what the girl wanted, "Look at me please" her voice was thankfully stern enough for Camila to comply and immediately whip her head up to face her.

"Good girl, thank you. Now come here please" The Dom holds open her arms, a single eyebrow raised sternly almost as if she was daring the girl to defy her.

Tears filling her eyes, the small girl does as Lauren says and shifts over to her, allowing herself to be lifted sideways onto her lap. She non surprisingly settles almost immediately, causing Lauren who was almost at her wits end to let out a breath of relief whilst simultaneously rolling her eyes.

The girl was addicted to be held so much so it was quite endearing.

Wrapping an arm around the waist and bringing the other other up to cup the back of her head, she pulls the small girl close, "Good girl, have a nice nap for me"

**

Little longer than my normal chapters for this book. I hope you enjoyed it enough to tell me what you think!

Next chapter: 200 votes

Stay strong and take care of yourselves ❤️