Chapter 16

I'm pretty sure you're gonna hate Lauren (or me) in this chapter. Enjoy!

**

Camila sniffles as she clings tightly to Lauren's shirt, tears on her cheeks and a small pout on her lips. She'd just got done with another twenty minutes in the corner and it was safe to say she was definitely regretting her decision of playing her face about eating her veggies, especially when that twenty minutes had been full of constant scolds.

It was a subconscious thing really. The big part of her knew she had to eat them, but the little part of her, the part that had been present for most of the day didn't even want to be within a mile of them. That had of course made the Dom mad and before she could realise what was happening, she was being carried over to the corner with the stern instruction of not to move a muscle.

Of course she had complied, and twenty minutes later she was being held tight in her mama's arms.

"What are you going to do next time veggies are put in front of you?" The once stern voice mumbles into her ear, arms securely wrapped around her waist.

Camila's bottom lip automatically begins to quiver again, "eat them" she whimpers without hesitation, her fingers tight around the back of Lauren's shirt.

Lips press against her forehead, "that's right my good girl. Now, go eat up your food like a big girl please" a hand was easing her away from the comforting embrace.

Despite wanting to do as told, Camila shakes her head and looks up at her mama with pleading eyes, "want you to come with me" she whispers, not quite ready to be out of her arms.

Lauren sighs, but reluctantly nods in agreement, "alright, just this once" she responds, placing her hand on the small of the girls back before gently pushing her towards the kitchen.

Once sat down she eases her onto her lap and pulls the plate of untouched veggies towards them. Although Camila wanted to pull a face and run, she doesn't and instead hesitantly picks up her fork.

She didn't want to he put back in the corner.

*

"I don't know if I like her like that mani. My feelings are confusing me" Lauren speaks into her phone as she wonders around the kitchen clearing up, "sure we've kissed but honestly, I don't really see it going further than that. Not yet anyway." She admits, grateful at finally having a few hours to herself as Camila was off who knows where with Dinah.

The girl had told her like she was meant to, but she'd been too distracted to really take in what she was being told.

"Do you think she feels the same? Or do you think she likes you?" Normani asks, her voice hesitant.

Lauren lets out a small sigh as she runs a hand through her messy hair, "I don't know. She gets all blushy when I peck her on the lips or whatever, but she's shy so she kinda gets embarrassed about everything" she says, holding the device a little closer to her ear as she sits herself down on one of the dining chairs.

"What if she wants a relationship like that with you?" The woman on the other end of the phone speaks.

Lauren stops with what she was doing at her words. What if Camila did want a relationship like that with her? What if she did want to be more than just friends? Sure she wasn't saying that there wasn't anything going on between them; they've shared enough kisses for her to know that but being more than friends?

It was a possibility. She just didn't know if she was ready.

"I honestly don't know mani. I couldn't tell her no and see her little face just...drop, but then again I couldn't force myself into something I know I'm not ready for either" she replies honestly, yet regretfully, "maybe in the future, when I'm ready but right now...I just don't know."

Normani hums in agreement, "just...just be honest with her, okay?" She eventually responds.

Although she couldn't see her, Lauren nods, "Of course I will mani. I'll speak to you soon, okay?"

"You sure will. Bye Lo"

After hanging up, Lauren locks her phone and places it back onto the table with a soft sigh. A part of her feels bad about the news she knew she had to break to Camila. She knew the would get upset and retreat in on herself, maybe even run away but she wasn't going to lie to her. She couldn't.

But unbeknownst to the woman, Camila had heard the entire conversation after getting in from her trip to the mall with Dinah. She had heard her saying she was unsure on her feelings about her. She had heard her say that she didn't see them getting into a proper relationship any time soon. She'd heard it all and it was taking everything in her to stop the tears in her eyes from falling.

She knew it. She just knew Lauren didn't like her like that. But why would she? Lauren was stunning, beautiful, intelligent; everything she wasn't and never would be. She just wanted to believe that for a second, she was good enough. That someone would like her.

Throat tightening, she takes a tentative step away from the doorway. She could feel her heart pounding in her ears. Her breathing getting heavier. Her mouth beginning to water. All the tale-tell signs that she was about to empty her stomach. The tears fall before she could stop them and with no hesitation whatsoever she was pulling open the front door and scurrying out.

Projectile vomit escapes her mouth the moment she reaches the driveway, and only then does she let herself completely break.

Why couldn't she just be good enough?

**

Short, but I think it's done it's job.

Next chapter: 200 votes

Stay strong and take care of yourselves ❤️