Chapter 18

Your pov
I walked down stairs to see sweetpea facing my direction with a switch to his throat. "Mr Johnson please let him go." "Not a chance, he's the one who put me behind bars." "I know, but you don't have to kill him." "Only choice I have." He pressed the life deeper into the breaking the surface. "No it's not, listen why don't we just calm down, and work this out." "There's no working this out, not when he betrayed his own." He revealed his serpent tattoo, "no going back when you betray your own." "I understand." Sweetpea gave me a look of betrayal, "can we deal with this where Chloe won't see." "Fine." He dragged sweetpea out with the switch digging into his neck. We walked outside and I remembered that sweetpea told me he bought a gun after the Andrews kid incident. "Hold on, let's make it quick." I grabbed his gun from the little space he had for it in the garage. Mr Johnson lowered the knife as I returned with the 9 mm. Mr Johnson stood behind sweetpea in clear range, sweets on his knees and hands up. I aimed, cocked, and fired. I took in both of their looks sweetpea in disbelief and Mr Johnson well blank. I ran to sweets, "I'm so sorry, it was all I could think of." He hugged me "thank you so much, for riding my family of that monster." "Are you hurt, let me see your neck." "Princess it's fine, small scratch, but look at you all battered. Wait! Where's Chloe and my mom?!"  We ran into the house searching "I hide them but told them to move if they felt unsafe." "Chloe, Mrs Johnson. You're safe, your husband is dead." We waited listening for footsteps, upon hearing them jumping to life to greet them in the hall. "He's really dead? " "Yes ma'am, I shot him myself." "She sure did, barely missed my head." "I had to make it seem I was on his side." "I thought you were for a moment." "Now why would I betray the people I love."

Sweetpea pov
She protected me and my family, there's nothing I can do that would ever be enough to thank her. Although I have a couple of things in mind.