Chapter 2 (edited)

Copyrights 2012© Elena Sgro

 All rights reserved

 this chapter had been edited thanks to my beautiful best friend @smiling_meerkat

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2:

I opened the door only to find the gorgeous, mysterious guy that saved me from Stewart, standing on my front porch. His eyes held mine, and I had to clutch onto the door to keep me standing as my legs turned to jelly. This was insane. What in the world was he doing here? How did he even know where I lived? He shook his hair out of his eyes. His hands shoved in his jean pockets. They were black, and his T-shirt clung to his body showing the thick cuts of his pecks and abs.

"Hey...I ah...just though I'd stop by and see how you were," he said. His accent wasn't as thick as before when he had said my name. I tried to place it but had no such luck.

"How did you find out where I lived?" I asked. It didn't seem like a very friendly topic to start off with but it was the best I could do and I was really confused.

"The lady at the front desk told me," he simply said.

I nodded in confusion. "Right...uh I didn't quite catch your name before"

He gave me a crooked smile. His teeth gleaming. "I'm Xavier Blandiana" he said as he extended his hand to me. I took it hesitantly. Xavier. I had always liked that name, but Blandiana? It was such a strange last name. It sounded Italian, but I could have been wrong. His accent didn't sound Italian either.

"Lena Romano" I told him. I went to pull my hand out of his grasp but he held it there. I looked down at our hands and then back up at him. He seemed to notice my hint and awkwardly let go. 

"How was your first day?" I asked. It wasn't that I really wanted to know it was just that I had no idea what to talk about with a guy like him. I didn't really know how to talk to a lot of guys, even though I was being portrayed as the school slut. Which I totally wasn't.

"It was okay...I got to meet you," he said causally, but I sensed a bit of nervousness in his voice.

Heat rushed to my face as I blushed heavily, it was so corny but sweet. I opened the door fully and stepped aside. "Would you like to come in?"

He nodded walking in slowly. The pitter patter of Crissy's running paws and her squeaky barking approached us at the door, Crissy was so cute she was still young so her hind legs couldn't keep up with her and she trailed off to the side. She skidded to a holt in front of Xavier barking in excitement. Xavier turned back to look at me. He seemed amused as he pointed to Crissy. "A Shar Pei?"

I nodded in confusion. Was he asking me a question? Was he making fun of Crissy? I had no idea. I couldn't grasp how he meant what he'd said. Xavier bent down to pick her up. Crissy basically ran into his hands and licked every inch of his face. A spike of jealousy bit at me. Crissy had never done that to me before. Closing the door I shook the jealousy away. So what if Crissy did that to him, at least now I knew she was friendly to other people, besides Cayley.

"Umm...you can go in the sitting room" I said. "I was just about to make something to eat would you like anything?" It was a lie. I actually wanted to sleep, but my mum always told me to offer food and drink to guests.

I headed to the kitchen with him trailing behind me. Obviously this guy didn't want to sit with my dog in the living room. Instead he rather watch me cook. Grabbing my phone from the counter opened up a created a new message.