Chapter 6 (edited)

Copyrights 2012 © Elena Sgro

All Rrights Reserved

This chapter was edited by my lovely and amazing bestie @smiling_meerkat

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 6:

On the way back home I sat in the front going over the whole interrogation in my head. If was strange, and Detective Staten seemed a bit off. Why had he asked questions about my relationship with Xavier? And why would he want to know if I had been intimate? The whole conversation had seemed weird and he didn't even ask Xavier any questions about yesterday. Although he had ask to speak with Xavier alone before we left maybe he asked about it then. I had no clue, and I wasn't sure if I should have asked Xavier so I just kept my mouth shut and let mum Xavier talk in the car.  

"Hannah would it be alright if I drop you off and take Lena out? Just to get her mind off things?" he asked.

I stared at him gobsmacked. Why would he have asked my mum that? 

She chuckled lightly and said "Sure but maybe you should ask Lena first" 

I swallowed down the lump in my throat and smile. "That's fine I just have to be back by three so Cayley can pick up some stuff" I said.

He smiled lovingly and held my hand. I blushed and looked away focusing on the house and trees lining the road.

The conversation quickly picked up again as mum asked Xavier things about himself- where he lived before, what he would like to do with his life- basically normal everyday interrogating your boyfriend questions. I listened but couldn't bring myself to concentrate and what they were actually saying. 

Shortly after Xavier pulled up into our drive way, I quickly unbuckled my seat belt and opened the door.

"Lena where you going...I'm taking you out remember?" asked Xavier.

I blushed stupidly. "Ah yeah, just let me get my purse" I said quickly covering up the fact that I had completely forgotten about our "date."

Mum got out and headed for the door, I smiled at Xavier and quickly followed mum up the foot path. As she opened the front door I dodged past her because she would talk about everything that just happened and ran up the stairs to get my purse. 

When I came back down she was waiting at the stairs, she looked amused and worried at the same time. "Be careful sweet heart, he's nice and all but you've had a rough day, just take it easy. Okay?" she said.

I smiled and hugged her. "Don't worry I will" I told her. I quickly headed for the door before she could say anything else.

The car ride was quiet and I had no idea were Xavier was taking me, or where we were. After taking a left off the freeway he took another numerous turns until I couldn't keep track anymore and felt lost. I just hoped for Xavier's sake he knew where we were. There was a cute smile that played on Xavier's lips as he looked at me from the corner of his eye. I blushed looking down at my hands embarrassed by the way he looked at me. I texted Cayley to come a bit later because I wasn't sure how long Xavier and I were going to be and put my phone in my bag. "So where are you taking me?"

His smile widened "It's a secret" he said mischievously.

"And I'm not allowed to know this secret am I?" I grinned.

He shook his head slowly as he smiled. "No, I want it to be a surprise for you get your mind off of everything"

He was so cute, I couldn't help but melt, but why he cared so much troubled me. I frowned at him. "Why are you doing all this? You barely know me?"