Chapter 5 (edited)

Copyrights 2012 © Elena Sgro

All Rights Reserved

This chapter was edited by my beautiful bestie who is amazing @smiling_meerkat

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5:

I woke up that afternoon in a bit of a daze. All I could think about was Xavier and though I hadn't dreamed of me with him, he was defiantly in my dream. Slowly rising out of bed I adjusted my p.j's and opened my curtains. Looking out the sun shone brightly and I had to cover my eyes until they adjusted. The sun warm the glass on my sliding door as I opened it stepping onto my balcony. 

Stepping outside the sun warmed my bare skin, making the chill go away. I leaned onto the railing and looked over the back yard. The water in the pool moved in small ripples, the sun making the shining lines reflect onto the fence in a rainbow of colours. It was beautiful but then faded as a cloud passed by. Having enough of the view I went over to the little gate at the other end of my balcony and took the stairs that led into the back yard two at a time. Crissy met me half way and yipped excitedly as I opened the pool gate and sat down sticking my legs in the pool and letting the cold water send shivers up my legs. Crissy pawed my hand gently begging to be splashed. I shook my head. "No silly, later."

Crissy loved being splashed with water because she tried to eat it but hated swimming. One time she had fallen in and swam straight for the stairs crying and yipping in fright.

I hadn't notice mum standing beside me until she spoke.

"Honey what happened to your leg?" she said worriedly. 

Forgetting that my shorts were short enough to show the scabs the Stewart had caused I covered them with my hands and looked up at her tentatively. 

"It was just an accident mum just a small scrape," I said trying to cover up the fact that there were five finger nail lines running from the start of my thigh and stopping half way. She knelt down next to me and grabbed my hands, lifting them up and revealing my scabs.

"That doesn't look like any accident Lena that looks like finger nails being dragged down your leg. You didn't try to hurt yourself did you?" she said shocked. It was just like my mum to think that I was causing myself physical harm. Even though I was mentally stable.

Tears welled up in my eyes, as I shook my head. "No mum, Stewart did it" I cried. "He's never done anything like that before but I promised Cayley I would go to the police today." I sobbed even harder as I leaned into her. 

She wrapped her arm around me and kissed my forehead. "What made him do this?" 

I shook in her arms. Stewart's finger nails biting into my skin and dragging down my leg flashed back into my mind.

"I don't know mum," my voice quivered. I really wasn't sure why Stewart had become so violent. He had never touched me before let alone dig his finger nails in me. Stewart had really only been verbally abusive and though I didn't like it, it was easier to handle than any physical abuse. 

Mum stood up pulling me with her. She took off her robe and wrapped it around me. "Let's go inside, we can go down to the station later" she said as she walked me inside.  

"I'll make you your favorite breakfast" she said as I picked up Crissy and sat down at the kitchen island.

"It's the afternoon mum" I told her.

She gave me her 'don't start' look and went back to cooking. I patted Crissy soothingly as I watched mum make some scrabbled eggs. I was happy to be distracted because thinking about what happened with Stewart brought back the pain in my leg. I didn't want to go to the station but I promised Cayley I would, and now that mum had seen the scabs there was no backing down. I was terrified about the after math though. Stewart would find out about me going to the police and if he was arrested I'd never hear the end of it. People would call me a skank and say that I made up the attack, others might actually stick up for me but I really doubted that. I was just going to have to hope for the best.