Chapter 3 (edited)

Copyrights 2012© Elena Sgro

All Rights Reserved

this chapter has been edited by my amazingly beautiful best friend @smiling_meerkat

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3:

When we finally arrived at the school it had stopped raining, water pooled everywhere. Xavier parked in the visitors parking because it was closer to the uniform shop, but sadly it was near the Soccer field gate. Stepping out the car I tried avoiding major puddles. The oval was busy as the soccer team practiced, looking among the players I saw Stewart. He spotted me, a wide menacing grin playing on his lips, I quickly turned away and bumped into Xavier. He held onto my arms steadying me. I looked down as Stewart shouted, calling for me, and cursing at me. Xavier looked over my head at him glaring and then back at me his eyes so tender and caring. "Don't listen to him," he said.

I nodded and step out of Xavier's hold walking with Cayley to the uniform shop. Looking back over my shoulder I saw Xavier just standing there, glaring at Stewart.

"Everything okay?" Cayley asked.

I nodded "Go inside I'll be there in a minute" I told her.

She gave me an uneasy look, but went inside.

I watched Xavier closely. His muscle tensed as he glared at Stewart. His breathing was deep and expanded his shoulders. It was like he was fighting a battle with himself. I took in a steady breath as I approached him. I had to be careful of Xavier, there was something about him that made me feel safe but uneasy. 

"Xavier?" my voice quivered. He didn't respond. "Xavier?" I said again as I touch his arm lightly. He glanced at me his eyes blood shot, he quickly looked away. 

"Xavier your eyes," I squeaked. As I touched his cheek turning his head so he looked at me. His eyes were no longer blood shot. I blinked hoping my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.

"Your eyes..." I stammered not being able to finish my sentence. I couldn't explain it. I had not clue what to say.

"There's nothing wrong with my eyes" he hissed angrily. 

I stepped back shocked. Did he just hiss at me? Why had he become so angry?

Xavier shook as if he was snapping out of a trance. He stepped towards me. I flinched.  

"Selena..." he began.

I cut him off. "Don't call me that, it's Lena" I still wondered how he knew my name but I was to scared of him to press on the matter. I took another step back holding up my hands as he took another step towards me. His eyes were dark and dangerous, his stare made me shiver. 

He's dangerous, said the voice in my head. My heart rate sped up and kicked into over drive as I stepped back and bumped into the uniform shop wall. He was still coming towards me and I had nowhere to go.

"Please don't hurt me," I begged as I slide down the wall and hugged my knees on the concrete. I was more scared than I had been before fifth period. Xavier's hand reached out to me. 

"I'm not going to hurt you Selena...please get up" his voice was silky smooth and lovely. I didn't feel afraid of him anymore, but allured by him. His eyes were captivating, I took his hand slowly, and felt a rush of heat by his touch. He pulled me up and wrapped one arm around my waist pulling me closer to him.