Chapter 27 (edited)

Copyrights 2012 © Elena Sgro

All Rights Reserved

This chapter was edited by my amazing friend @smiling_meerkat

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 27:

After breakfast Xavier decided to take me for a drive, so I could push my worries away and clear my head. No one had noticed the bandage on my neck and I was so thankful because I would of had no idea what to tell them.

How I was I supposed to explain that I woke up with a bite on my neck after dreaming that Luca was chasing me and had bitten me.

Even Xavier didn't know how to explain it, he said it was something called dream walking but I found it too complicated to understand when he explained it to me. We went bush banging in his Jeep, and took a dirt path around the back of the property. It was around lunch time now and I was sort of hungry but I just let it pass. I almost fell over when Xavier told me his house was on 50 acres.

I had never known anyone that had more than 2 acres, but 50?! I was overwhelmed, Xavier had also explained that he had taken an excavator around and throughout the whole property to make a dirt track for motorbike and bush banging. I was completely in love with it.

Xavier opened up the soft top on the Jeep, the cool morning air chilled my skin, that track was bumpy but that was the whole point of going bush banging so I didn't mind. I squealed and laughed every time we hit a bump, and looked out around me. It was so beautiful out here trees were every where and light shone through the canopy in beams. It smelled earthy outside which was actually really calming and helped clear my head.

After about an hour we came past a clearing, with a beautiful little dam. The water sparkled under the sun and the flowers were spread throughout the grass. My heart swelled at the sight of it all.

Xavier got out of the Jeep and came around to my side and opened my door for me. I unbuckled myself and grabbed his hand as I stepped down. The door closed with a thud and then Xavier wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close.

I squeezed him tight in reassurance, I knew that he was worried about me, that was the whole reason he had decided to take me out of the house. Even if I wasn't leaving the property.

"You okay?" he asked into my hair. I pulled back and and squeezed his arms.

"I'm fine, don't worry about me."

He frowned but didn't say anything, instead he led my over to the boot of the car and pulled out a picnic basket. Which was the exact same one from our first date.

"With all the craziness going on thought it would be nice if we had our second date to take your mind off everything" he said softly.

I smiled up at him and hugged him, reaching up on my tippy toes I pecked his lips. "You're the best boyfriend ever. You know that?"

He smiled softly and I swear I saw a bit of a blush in his cheeks. He closed the boot and took my hand leading me close to the lakes edge, were he laid out a blanket and pulled me down into his lap. He buried his head into my neck and I leaned into him, enjoying the closeness of his body.

I looked up at the sky. We sat there in a comfortable silence for about a half hour as I took in the scenery.

"It's so pretty out" I said.