Chapter 29 (edited)

Copyrights 2012 © Elena Sgro

All Rights Reserved

This chapter was edited by the amazing @smiling_meerkat

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 29:

Xavier laid us down with me in his arms. He reached him his pocket and handed me my phone. The screen was lit up and the background was of me and him. I smiled at it then kissed his cheek. Looking back at the phone I kissed the screen and then noticed the time.

It was only 4 in the morning, I usually didn't get up till 7. 10 o'clock on weekends. I yawned and dropped my phone on the other side on the bed snuggling closer to Xavier. His body was so warm and I loved that. He pulled the sheet up and tucked me in kissing my forehead.

"I really should explain what happened" he said softly. I yawned again covering my mouth.

"Tell me after I wake up." I kissed his chest and closed my eyes. He chuckled lightly making me smile and held me tight.

When I woke up I was still in Xavier's arms. I blinked and wiped my eyes as the morning light streamed through the edges of the curtains. Xavier was sleeping his breathing slow and even a small smirk on his face.

I smiled to myself and kissed his chest. He stirred slightly but didn't wake up. I tried to sit up but his hold on me was too tight. I whined, trying to push him away, if I didn't get out of his hold soon I was going to pee myself. I pushed at his chest trying to get him to move or wake up. He mumbled something but didn't let go.

"Xavier!" I whispered. His lips turned up in a smile and his eyes opened slowly.

"Got ya" he chuckled. I scowled at him and slapped his chest.

"I need to pee" I whined. He chuckled again kissed my shoulder and let go of me. I smiled brightly as I hopped out of bed and skipped to the bathroom.

After using the bathroom I found Xavier still in bed. His eyes watching me intently, I smiled at him as I came back over and sat on the edge of the bed. He sat up a smirk on his face as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me up higher on the bed. I sat in his lap cuddling into him.

"About this morning" he said. "I was watching you sleep when dad called me. Luca had sent some hunters to do his dirty work thinking that they could kill you. Cale, dad and I went out and fought to protect you"

I stiffened in his arms. Hunters what did he mean by that, and why would Luca send them out when he explained that he wanted to kill me himself. He wanted to make sure that I suffered, he wanted Xavier to suffer from my death, all because I was the key to destroying him.

"You're not hurt are you?" my voice shook as I looked up at him. His expression had saddened and he held me tighter.

"No baby, not a scratch on me"

I relaxed slowly and caressed his cheek as I leaned in and peck his lips. When I pulled away I stared deeply into his eyes.

"I promise I'll be careful baby" he said.

Tears welled up in my eyes and I nodded quickly, not wanting to cry in front of him. I didn't want him to get hurt at all, especially if it was because he was trying to protect me. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happened to him, and I didn't like the idea of him out fighting.

"That's all I ask" I said softly, my voice thick with tears.

"Come on, I'll make you breakfast" he said as went to up.