Chapter 13 (edited)

Copyrights 2012 © Elena Sgro

All Rights Reserved

This chapter was edited by the beautiful @smiling_meerkat

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 13: 

Luca called for me again, but he didn't sound concerned. He banged the door and I yelped. "Xavier!" I called. 

My heart started to race and my dress made it unbearable to breath. Luca bashed the door again this time leaving a hole in the door. I screamed and grabbed the first thing I could. Looking down I saw it was a hand towel holder. Luca peeked in through the hole he had made with his fist. His eyes were red. I screamed as he slammed the door again. Luca went to bashed the door again and it came crashing down he was about to storm in when he was suddenly yanked away. I heard grunts and thuds but didn't go to the open doorway. I just sank to the floor clutching the hand towel holder, tears flowed heavily from my eyes. I shook uncontrollably, why was this happening? 

"Selena," soothed a soft voice. Xavier. "Selena, open your eyes for me"

I shook my head, I hadn't even realized that I had such my eyes, but I couldn't bare to open them and see what had happened. I felt Xavier's warm hands smooth my hair it calmed me and I leaned into him. 

"Okay, you don't have to open your eyes but can you at least put the towel holder down for me Selena" he said softly into me hair. 

I nodded, and slowly opened my eyes, I placed the towel holder down beside me not trusting that Xavier and I were fully safe. When I knew that the towel holder would stay put I looked at Xavier. His eyes were rimmed red, something that sent me off edge, but something that I was getting used to. He pulled me towards him and set me on his lap. "I'm so sorry I let you out of my sight Selena. Are you okay?" 

I shook my head, even though I hadn't been hurt physically, my brain was scared and scattered. Xavier cursed and held me close. He kept running his fingers through my hair as me murmured that everything was going to be alright. I felt calm and safe in his arms, I knew he would protect me, but I couldn't shake the feeling that Luca would be after me again. 

"Why does Luca want to kill me? Why do your eyes change to red? How do you know things about me Xavier? Why did you save me from Stewart? Why do you even care about me Xavier?" I blurted.

I needed to know now. I couldn't back my questions any longer. I couldn't continue my relationship with Xavier any longer, unless I had answers. It tore my heart up to think like that but I couldn't go on with this anymore. I looked deeply into Xavier's eyes. He seemed hurt and confused he opened his mouth but nothing came out. He took in a deep breath and then sighed it out. 

"I'll tell you everything, just come with me" he said. 

I nodded and stood up. My feet felt sore so I slipped off my heels and held them in my hand. I felt so short compared to Xavier but I pushed that thought away an let him lead me back into the piano room. Only Cira and Maria were there they both looked disappointed and confused. Xavier led me over to a chair and pulled me down with him. Maria came forward and knelt down before me pushing my hair back out of my face and searching my face for emotion but I felt completely blank and numb.  

"Are you alright dear?" she asked. 

I shrugged not sure if I was okay or ever would be okay. "We have to tell her" said Xavier.

Maria head turned towards him her eyes filled with shock. "It's too soon" she gasped.

I sat up more alert now. "What's too soon?"