Chapter 16 (edited)

Copyrights 2012 © Elena Sgro

All Rights Reserved

This chapter was edited by the amazing @smiling_meerkat

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 16: 

As the words left Stewart lips my heart rate increased which I didn't even think was possible. Stewart smirk made me see red. I couldn't believe this was happening. 

"You're supposed to be in juvi" I whispered my voice shaking. 

Stewart cocked his head to the side, a chuckle full of venom leaving his mouth. 

"Yeah I was but after pleading my case and bail, I got out" he stepped forward. 

Xavier pulled me behind him as he glared down at Stewart. My fists bunched up in his school shirt and tears sprung to my eyes. Stewart glared from Xavier to me. 

"He won't be able to protect you for long" he spat as he walked off.

 Xavier and I didn't move until Stewart was out of sight. Xavier pulled me to him wrapping his arms tightly around me. My face was squashed into his chest but I didn't care, I couldn't breathe and tears just started to flow from my eyes. This couldn't be happening, Stewart was supposed to be in juvi, I was supposed to be safe and not have to worry about him. My whole body started to shake as my tears rolled over. Xavier pulled back to look at me but I just covered my face not wanting him to see me cry. He pulled me close again and kissed my hair.  

"Lena tell me what I can do to make it better?" he murmured against my hair. 

"Just take me home." I said between sobs. I couldn't be here not now, not with Stewart around.

I felt him nod and I pulled my hands away from my face. Xavier gentle wiped my tears away and led me away from my locker and towards his car. I got in quickly and buckled up, I couldn't wait to get out of here, and I was thankful I didn't see Stewart on the way to the car. The car door slammed and Xavier was sitting in the driver seat so fast I jumped. He had used his supernatural speed out in public. I looked around but the car park was empty. He quickly turned over the engine pulled out of the parking lot, and sped off back to my house.

We got home shortly after. Xavier got out and opened my door for me, we didn't bother getting my school bag, I knew Xavier wouldn't be leaving any time soon. Xavier was quick to rush me inside and lock the front door. Xavier picked me up and took me upstairs lying me on my bed. I cuddled close to him my head resting on his chest, and he held me in his strong arms. The tears had stopped falling but they were threatening to fall again.

"What are we going to do Xavier?" I asked. It was the first time I had spoken since we left school. 

He kissed my forehead and smoothed my hair. "I don't want you to worry about it, I'll take care of everything" he said softly.

I sat up looking down at him. "Xavier you can't kill him not matter how much you want to, it'll raise suspicion and I won't let you risk being exposed"

His brows wrinkled in confusion, I saw a bit anger flare in his eyes. "After everything he's done to you and you tell me not to kill him, he deserves more than to be killed Selena" he said through gritted teeth. 

I sat up more and pulled away from him, he tried to touch me but I pushed him off. I couldn't believe he had just said that. I didn't like Stewart I never did but I didn't want Xavier to kill him, I would rather Stewart have to deal with the law. I understood that because Xavier was a vampire he felt things differently but I couldn't understand his need for killing some one.