Now I Know...

We were laying down on the bed, his head in my lap. I was playing with soft strands of his hair, no traces of crying left on his face.

"They never wanted me..." he spoke, almost making me wince.

I listened, not knowing what to say. To comfort him or tell him to continue?

"I was always the left out one. No one ever loved me." He made eye contact with me, pain painted in his eyes.

I saw a lost puppy in his eyes. He just wanted to be loved...

"And one day, i spoke to your father. Even then, I knew you were my mate. You were really young, you don't remember me. We made a deal and one day, i ruined all of that. I bailed on him, wanting love and attention from my father. War started." i watched as his eyes teared up again, pain shooting through me also.

"And since then, your father despises me. Along with your mother. She was a really bad person, killed and ruled horribly. She kept telling me that I will never get to you, only over her dead body... so I made it happen." He said, a small tear escaping his eye.

I wiped it off, not liking to see him like that.

He got up, then looked into my eyes as he straddled me. His lips were slowly parted, like he was about to say something.

"I love you Amanda. More than you could imagine. More than anything.  I am a changed man." He said, pressing a small peck to my lips.

My mind lingered all the way to that day when i heard so many things about him. Bad things...

"I... i love you too." My breath hitched as i said it, but My heart was sure of it.

He was my mate. My best friend. All I have and cherish properly.

Now I knew the half of the truth...

But I still needed to know the other side. The even darker side.

I did not know if i was ready, but It was the right time.

With a baby coming our way, it's whole future is on a border of madness.

I hugged him, him peppering kisses on my exposed neck and collar bone.

I needed to know more...