E P I L O G U E

Daegu, South Korea
October 2018  

Jung Hoseok sat up quickly in bed, eyes wide open having been awoke from a nightmare, and just caught the sound of the front door closing. He panted heavily, his hands gripping tightly to the bottom sheet of the bed and eyes zipping to the empty bed space beside him, glad he didn't find a body like his dream had lead him to believe he would. He took deeper breaths, trying to slow his breathing, which eventually worked. The young warlock slipped out of bed, pulling down the leg off his pajama pants that had rolled itself up to his knee and itched his bare stomach. He sat a moment on the edge of the bed before messing with his hair and standing, Yoongi had been at some boring meeting with the vampire and werewolf leaders, as well as the downworlder correspondent from the Shadowhunter Institute.

Now however, Yoongi was in the kitchen, looking for something, but he stopped as soon as he saw Hoseok.

"Morning." The older teases. Hoseok scoffs.

"It's barely morning." Hoseok retorts, nodding to the clock that read '1:14'.

"That's what happens when one of the people at the meeting is a vampire." Yoongi sighs. "You look shattered Hoseok-ie. Go back to bed, you haven't properly slept in days." Yoongi orders. Hoseok barely laughed, he had a point.

"I can't sleep, even if I wanted to." Hoseok scratches the back of his neck after speaking, getting a sympathetic look from the elder warlock.

"I know, but you have to go back to bed okay?" Yoongi instructs with a father-like tone. He cared, Hoseok knew that, and after everything that he did to get Hoseok back here to Daegu he had every right to care. Hoseok just nodded slowly, but he didn't move. Yoongi scoffed and walked over, grabbing Hoseok hand and dragging him back to bed.

"Fine, fine." Hoseok says as he pushed into his bedroom, Yoongi staying at the door and wanting to make sure he actually got into bed. Hoseok lay down and Yoongi went to leave. "Hey, hyung..." Hoseok calls out, Yoongi stopping in his tracks.

"Yeah Hoseok-ie?" Yoongi looks back to Hoseok, who had sat up by now.

"Could you... could you stay here with me?" Hoseok asks awkwardly. Yoongi looks down at himself and sighs.

"Let me get changed, and I'll be back." Yoongi says. Hoseok nods and stays sitting in his bed.

When Yoongi returns he was in his pajamas, which were a pair of flannel pants and a t shirt. Hoseok shuffled over a little, giving the other warlock some space in the bed. Yoongi sat, then they both lay down.

"Tell me about your meeting." Hoseok said as they both lay next to each other, staring at the ceiling.

"Well, Jimin has really taken to his role, and Jungkook has too. Speaking of Jungkook he brought the good news that Taehyung isn't on the wanted list anymore, so he can come out of hiding, Seokjin was ecstatic as you could guess..." Yoongi started trailing off a little. "They all asked about you too, as usual, wondering how you were doing and i-" Yoongi was cut off by Hoseok rolling over, onto him, snoring softly. He couldn't be mad as Hoseok hand lay across his stomach and his head rest in the crook of his shoulder. Yoongi started staring actually. Seokjin was right, Seokjin was so, so right. He did feel for the younger warlock, but with the images and dreams that plagued him, Yoongi didn't think it right to make any moves just yet. But laying here, basically cuddling with Hoseok, Yoongi couldn't deny anything.

So he just smiled, closed his eyes, and fell off to sleep.